- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- Downloading new voices in Grid 3
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- What is AAC?
- What is Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- The Grid Explorer menu in Grid 3
- Choosing your first grid sets in Grid 3
- What grid sets are included with Grid 3?
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Grid Voices
- How to update to the latest version of Facebook
- Adding the new Facebook grids into Fast Talker
Adding and managing grids
With any grid set, you may want or need to change, add or move grids. This is helpful when adding content, changing the way content is linked or removing it altogether.
Creating a new grid
Go to Edit mode by pressing F11 or using the drop-down menu in the top left and selecting Edit Grid.
Select Grid Set, the blue tab at the top of the menu bar.
Select New grid from the list on the left-hand side of the screen.
Once selected, create your new grid by selected the number of rows and columns needed. Give the grid a name and click OK to save.
Adding grids from another grid set
This option is a great way to utilise complicated features already created for other grid sets. For example, you could add a music player grid to a vocabulary grid set about the users favourite music.
In Edit mode, Select Grid set. From the left-hand column, select the options Add from another grid set
By selecting this option, you are then shown a list of all your grid sets. Select a grid set from the list and click Next.
Select the grid you want to copy across. You can copy multiple grids by holding down Ctrl as you click to select.
It is worth noting that when importing grids from other grid sets that there may be some further editing required to get the added grid to fit the style of your current gird. You will also need to add jump cells to allow navigation to and from the added grid.
Save all changes
This button will commit all changes made within the Grid set menu as well as any unsaved editing changes that have been made on the currently open page.
On the Grid set tab, there are several tools for managing your grids.
- Jump to
Select the grid you want to navigate to. Select Jump to. This will open the grid in Edit mode
Use this option to make a copy of an existing grid. Give the copy a name, click OK to save the changes. On saving, the grid will open in Edit mode
Select the grid you want to rename. Select Rename, type the new name, click OK
- Set as home
The home grid is the first grid, the one which you see when you launch the grid set. To set a grid as home, first select it, then click on Set as home. The home grid set has a house icon next to it which is visible when in Edit mode/ Grid set
Select the grid you want to remove from the grid set. Select Delete. You will be asked to click Yes to confirm. You will be prompted if other grids jump to the one that you are about to delete
- Export Grid set
This feature lets you save a grid set as a file. This is useful for creating a backup of for transferring grid sets to another machine (using a USB)
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.