- Create a new user in Grid 3
- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing a picture
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 minimum specifications
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving cells in Grid 3
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing the grid layout in Grid 3
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell styles
- Jump cells
- Chat and writing cells
- Commands in Grid 3
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids in Grid 3
- Cell accessibility in Grid 3
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid 3
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid 3
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid 3
- Downloading new voices in Grid 3
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Send your grid sets to Online Grids from Grid 3
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
Adding sound to a cell in Grid 3
To create a cell which plays a sound, you can either select from the library of sound effects built in to Grid 3, use a sound file on your computer, or record a sound using a microphone.
Audio files Grid 3 supports: wav, mp3, m4a, wma
In Edit mode, Create Cell and select Music, Video and Sound. Now click Play Sound and OK.
Use a sound from the effects library
Click Browse, then Effects. Navigate by category to the desired effect (click Play to preview) and OK.
Use an existing sound file
Click Browse, then Sound File. Navigate to the sound and click OK.
Tip: You can add multiple commands to a single cell. For example, you may want to play a sound effect and also jump to another grid. Just click Add Command.
Recording a sound
Record a new sound file
To record a single sound file for this cell, you can simply click Record.
Stop Recording when done, and preview the result with Play Now.
Recording a bank of sounds
If you are creating a whole grid of sound effects, and wish to make multiple recordings, it can be quicker to record them all at once.
Click Browse, then Recordings. Press Record, and then Stop once you have captured your sound effect.
Repeat this step for as many sounds as you wish to record. This bank of recordings will now be available for use on other cells by clicking on Browse, then Recordings.
Preview any sound by highlighting it, and pressing Play.
Tip: To rename one of your recordings, highlight it and click on the name. Type the new name, and press enter.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.