- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- What is AAC?
- What is Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- The Grid Explorer menu in Grid 3
- Choosing your first grid sets in Grid 3
- What grid sets are included with Grid 3?
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Grid Voices
- How to update to the latest version of Facebook
- Adding the new Facebook grids into Fast Talker
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- Declarations of conformity
Adding sound to a cell in Grid
In Grid you can create cells which play sounds or add a command to play a sound to an existing vocabulary cell. You can select from a library of sound effects, use a sound file or record a sound to use.
Using a sound from the effect library
Go to Edit mode by pressing F11 or using the drop-down menu in the top left and selecting Edit Grid.
In Edit mode, select Create cell > Recordings
Select Play sound command.
From the left-hand side of the screen, select Browse.
The sounds are divided by category. (Highlight and select Play to preview). Select the desired sound and select OK to add.
Using an existing sound file
Highlight the cell you would like to add a sound to.
Select Create cell > Recordings > Play sound.
Select Browse, then select Sound file. This will open the file management system for the computer or device Grid is being used on. Navigate to the sound file and, once selected, click OK to add to the cell.
Record a new sound file
To record a single sound file for a cell, you can use the built-in microphone on your computer or device. Select Play sound > Browse and then select Recordings.
To start the recording, click Record. Stop recording when done. Play now allows you to preview the sound before adding it to the cell.
Recording a bank of sounds
Multiple sound effects can be easier to create in one go. Select Browse > Recordings. Repeat the process as you would for creating a single sound and repeat as many times as you have sounds.
This bank of recordings will now be available for use on other cells by selecting Browse > Recordings.
Tip: you can rename your recordings by highlighting and clicking on the name. Type the new name and press enter.
- Allow interruption – other sounds and speech can interrupt the sound
- Never – the sound will always be interrupted by any other sound on the device
- Always – the sound will never be interrupted
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.