- Setting up email with BT Internet in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings in Grid 3
- Email account settings in Grid 3
- Speech settings in Grid 3
- Mouse and head pointer settings in Grid 3
- Touch settings in Grid 3
- Eye gaze settings in Grid 3
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smartphone with Grid
Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
Setting up Auditory scanning
Grid 3 can provide auditory feedback for most access methods, you can also customise what feedback you receive from a cell, row, column or scan block.
- Firstly, make sure you have an Audio Feedback voice set up. Go to Menu – Settings – Speech and look under the Audio Feedback header.
- Auditory Feedback can be turned on from Menu – Settings – Access – [Your access method]
- Look under the Highlighting header for “Speak description when highlighting”.
Customising your feedback
Grid 3 will automatically read the label of a cell as audio feedback, but you can change this.
- Open the grid set that you wish to change, navigate to the particular page and enter editing mode (Menu – Edit)
- Choose the GRID tab from across the top and choose Audio highlighting.
- From here you will see all the audio feedback labels for cells, columns and rows.
- Press Audio highlighting again to get back to normal editing.
Note: Audio feedback for word list items is not editable.
If you are using scanning blocks, you can change the feedback for each block.
- In editing mode, choose the GRID tab and choose Scan Blocks.
- Select any scan blocks in use from the left hand panel and edit its feedback from the Scan block audio highlighting text box.
- Click Scan Blocks again to resume editing as normal.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.