- Using your BT Internet email account in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings
- Email account settings in Grid
- Speech settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to change symbol set or library in Grid 3
- How to change symbol skin tone in Grid
- Changing your voice in Grid 3
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Changes to Email Security in Grid
- Using your Gmail account with Grid 3
- Using your Yahoo email account with Grid 3
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
Changes to Email Security in Grid
The Grid software update coming in September (3.0.56) includes a number of enhancements to email including increased security, better reliability, and support for a wider range of email providers.
We have focused on making these changes behind the scenes so when you upgrade Grid 3 you should not have to make any changes or even notice a change has been made.
This article will help you if you do notice your emails are no longer working as expected and you need to re-enter your account details, you may also be setting up a new email account or entering the email account details for an existing email account for into Grid 3 for the first time.
Grid 3 has Gmail, Yahoo and Outlook.com/Hotmail.com email provider settings already built in so you will not have to enter any details apart from your username and password.
If you use a different email provider and need to enter you email account details manually you may notice that the Email page in Menu > Settings > Accounts > Email now looks slightly different.
The Use SSL sliders have been replaced with a dropdown box containing three options:
- No encryption – equivalent to Use SSL set to Off
- StartTLS encryption – attempt to use encryption but fall back to an unencrypted connection if encryption is unavailable
- TLS encryption – always use encryption, and fail to connect if encryption is unavailable
Your email provider will be able to tell you which of these options to choose, please see our other email settings article for more guidance.
Grid 3.0.55 August 2020:
Grid 3.0.56 September 2020:
You may find your email provider requires you to set up two factor authentication and/or an app specific password before you can use Grid 3 to access your emails. For help with this please read this knowledge base article.
Encryption protocol changes: Grid 3.0.56 uses TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 instead of the dated SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 protocols used in previous versions of Grid 3. In the event that client and server support TLS 1.1 and 1.2 the connection will use TLS 1.2 because it is the more secure option.
BT Internet Email settings
icloud email settings
Zoho email settings
Xfinity/Comcast email settings
App specific password required – accurate as of July 2020
|Email Provider||App specific password required|
If you are unable to set up your email account in the Grid 3 please contact Smartbox support and we will do what we can to help.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.