- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- What is AAC?
- What is Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- The Grid Explorer menu in Grid 3
- Choosing your first grid sets in Grid 3
- What grid sets are included with Grid 3?
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Grid Voices
- How to update to the latest version of Facebook
- Adding the new Facebook grids into Fast Talker
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- Declarations of conformity
- Changes are coming to Microsoft email setup in Grid
Changing the pictures in a cell
Symbols and images in cells
When you create a Write cell, Grid will automatically suggest a range of symbols and images that you can use. In this lesson, we will go through the different options for adding images to your cell.
Changing a picture on a cell
Using the drop-down menu, select Edit grid (F11) put Grid in Edit mode.
When in edit mode, select the cell you want to amend.
Suggested images will be displayed next to the Change Label button at the top of the screen. If you want an alternative image, select Find Picture. This function searches through the available symbol library which holds thousands of symbols.
Adding a picture from a file
You may want to add a picture from a file stored on your device.
In Edit mode, select Find Picture by using
- The drop-down menu,
- Right-click on the cell you want to edit
From the left-hand column, select Picture file.
Select the Browse icon. This should open the file location for Pictures on your device. Select your image click Open.
Your cell will then be updated.
Web search and screen capture
These features are handy for creating ad hoc and specialised content.
To search the web from Grid, select Find Picture then select Web search.
Create a screen capture
Select Find Picture, then select Screen capture.
Grid will disappear and the screen will grey out.
Click and drag the rectangular area to cover the area of the screen you want to capture. The capture will automatically be set as the cells image size.
Any captures done during that session of using Grid will be saved under Screen capture.
Using a camera
Use your webcam to take a picture. Select Camera. Select Capture to take a picture.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.