- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- Downloading new voices in Grid 3
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- What is AAC?
- What is Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- The Grid Explorer menu in Grid 3
- Choosing your first grid sets in Grid 3
- What grid sets are included with Grid 3?
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
Changing cell appearance and cell style
We provide a set of tools within Grid that allows you to change the appearance of a cell: colour, shape, border and fill. You can select different fonts, size and colour.
To change the cell appearance
Select one or more cells.
Tip: It is possible to select multiple cells either by:
- Hold down Ctrl and select multiple cells using touch or mouse click
- Using a mouse, Right-click, hold and drag to highlight the cells required
You can change colours using the following selections:
- Fill: to change cell fill colour
- Border: to change the border colour (the border is the boundary around the cell)
- Surround: to change the surrounding colour (surround refers to the padding around the border of the cell)
- Colour: to change the font colour
By selecting Adjust Colour for each of the above options you can adjust the colour balance and transparency.
Select Font from the top menu and choose from the list. Size makes the font smaller or larger.
Tip: As the font size changes in the cell, Grid will automatically adjust the accompanying symbol or image.
Choosing a style
Styles are a quick and powerful way of managing the appearance of a range of cells. It is a useful tool for grouping words: for example, making all verb cells the same colour.
Select one or more cells. Select Style from the top menu and choose from the list of pre-made styles.
Select a cell that is in the style you wish to edit. Change the appearance.
Click Update Style to apply to all cells in that style in that grid set.
Creating a new style
When you create a new style and want to use it again: highlight the cell and select New Style.
You can then name and save your style and have it available to use in the Styles drop-down menu.
These are an easy way to change the look and feel of a whole grid set. Select Themes and choose from the drop-down list.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.