- SB10, Grid Pad Go, Pro 11 and Eye 11 general troubleshooting
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Generate a battery report
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- How do we estimate our battery life?
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- Access method less responsive after Windows update
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- How to use headphones without interfering with speech
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- How to turn off touch screen hooking in EyeTech QuickACCESS
- Not receiving notifications of phone calls in Grid 3
- How to improve visual feedback for touch screen users
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Windows 10 update reverts Grid Pad Start Menu
- Windows 10 update re-enables Fast startup
- High CPU usage on Grid Pad 13
- Grid Pad and Accessory manuals
- Programmable buttons on Grid Pad 12
- Cleaning of devices
- Grid Pad 15 – A Class 1 Medical Device
- Grid Pad 8 and 10 screen rotating not in sync with touch
- Sleep screen or wake on touch issues after Windows Update 2004/20H2
- Echo cancellation setting in Grid
- Declarations of conformity
Cleaning of devices
The British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA) and NHS guidance for cleaning medical devices such as a communication aid is to first clean and then disinfect.
All devices handled by Smartbox will be treated according to these guidelines before being sent to any of our customers or team members.
Cleaning – this is where we use a cloth and small tools, such as brushes, to physically clean the device to dislodge debris and provide the first level of bacteria and particle removal.
If you are cleaning the device at home please be careful not to clean inside ports or vents. Submerge a cloth in warm water and squeeze very well so it is only slightly damp, then gently wipe the device all over.
Tough grime can be dislodged with an old toothbrush or similar. To clean the ports, you can use a dry toothbrush in combination with a vacuum cleaner to remove any dirt. Be careful using a vacuum cleaner around any vents on your device, this can damage the internals. It’s really important that the ports and vents do not become wet.
Disinfection – this is where we use an antibacterial chemical to treat any remaining bacteria or viruses.
At Smartbox we use Clinell Universal wipes, as recommended by NHS Supply Chain. Clinell wipes kill at least 99.999% of pathogens and are effective from 10 seconds.
In addition to our usual infection control measures, we are also putting into place strict processes to combat any risk of Coronavirus being present on a hard surface.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.