- Downloading and Burning ISO Files
- Gathering information about an error
- Which versions of Windows are supported?
- Types of USB switch connector
- Questions about Smartbox Update
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows XP
- Installing VLC media player.
- Activate Smartbox software without an internet connection
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- Licencing Dwell Clicker 2
- Alea Intelligaze Shortcuts
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Finding Log files for our software
- Returning an item to us
- Smartbox and your data
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- How to create cells to play a song or video from your music / video library
- Connecting an external microphone to Power Pad
- Windows 10 Update Assistant failing to update software
- TalkTalk blocking Teamviewer
- Screen rotation re-enabled after Windows update
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to add a video to your grid set
- Checking the Bluetooth speaker connection on Touch Pad
- Creating a word list in Grid
- Cleaning of devices
- How to get set up for a Virtual Visit
- How to make Super Core Communication Book pages
- What is AAC?
- Information to help us deliver support
- Grid Voices
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- Updating Look to Learn and Look to Read
- Converting video files in Look to Learn on Windows 7
- Declarations of conformity
Cleaning of devices
The British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA) and NHS guidance for cleaning medical devices such as a communication aid is to first clean and then disinfect.
All devices handled by Smartbox will be treated according to these guidelines before being sent to any of our customers or team members.
Cleaning – this is where we use a cloth and small tools, such as brushes, to physically clean the device to dislodge debris and provide the first level of bacteria and particle removal.
If you are cleaning the device at home please be careful not to clean inside ports or vents. Submerge a cloth in warm water and squeeze very well so it is only slightly damp, then gently wipe the device all over.
Tough grime can be dislodged with an old toothbrush or similar. To clean the ports, you can use a dry toothbrush in combination with a vacuum cleaner to remove any dirt. Be careful using a vacuum cleaner around any vents on your device, this can damage the internals. It’s really important that the ports and vents do not become wet.
Disinfection – this is where we use an antibacterial chemical to treat any remaining bacteria or viruses.
At Smartbox we use Clinell Universal wipes, as recommended by NHS Supply Chain. Clinell wipes kill at least 99.999% of pathogens and are effective from 10 seconds.
In addition to our usual infection control measures, we are also putting into place strict processes to combat any risk of Coronavirus being present on a hard surface.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.