- Using The Grid 2 with Windows 8
- Enable Windows 8 on-screen keyboard function keys
- Remote support
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- Change the size of screen items in Windows
- Change the size of menu fonts in Windows 7
- Downloading and Burning ISO Files
- How to disable a built in Web camera
- Gathering information about an error
- Which versions of Windows are supported?
- User Permissions for Smartbox software
- Types of USB switch connector
- To change the size of screen items in Windows
- To change the size of screen items in Windows 8
- SAPI speech is not working!
- Questions about Smartbox Update
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows XP
- Installing VLC media player.
- Corrupted memory cards
- Can’t get some/any voices to work
- Using Dwell Clicker 6 with Smartnav
- Activate Smartbox software without an internet connection
- Licencing Dwell Clicker 2
- Alea Intelligaze Shortcuts
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Finding Log files for our software
- Returning an item to us
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Windows 10 update has broken Wi-Fi on my device
- Smartbox and your data
- Resetting your Smartbox account password
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Problems with Grid 3, The Grid 2 and Look to Learn after the Windows Autumn Creators update
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- How to Uninstall Dwell Clicker
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- Where can I find the myGaze EyeMouse Play software?
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Beeping sound when using keyboard, Windows button or switch
- How to improve visual feedback for touch screen users
- How to create cells to play a song or video from your music / video library
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Unable to send messages using Grid 3 with Call Center
- Connecting an external microphone to Power Pad
- Windows 10 Update Assistant failing to update software
- TalkTalk blocking Teamviewer
- Screen rotation re-enabled after Windows update
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- Support options when you purchase from a Smartbox Partner
- Checking the Bluetooth speaker connection on Touch Pad
- Super Core Communication Book: FAQs
- Creating a word list in Grid
- Cleaning of devices
- How to get set up for a Virtual Visit
- How to make Super Core Communication Book pages
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid for iPad
- What is AAC?
- Grid Pad and Accessory manuals
- Information to help us deliver support
- Grid Voices
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- Updating Look to Learn and Look to Read
- Converting video files in Look to Learn on Windows 7
- Sleep screen or wake on touch issues after Windows Update 2004/20H2
- Declarations of conformity
- Medical Device Regulations
- Apache log4j vulnerability
- Is discount available for Grid software or apps in the US?
- Is discount available for Grid software or apps in the UK?
- Grid Player is temporarily unavailable
- Windows 10 update re-enables Fast startup
- High CPU usage on Grid Pad 13
- How to add a video to your grid set
- Windows on screen keyboard not working after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- Grid 3 is not able to update
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- Cursor drifting to the side of the screen when using Quha Zono
- Smartbox software issues after Windows 10 updates
- Can I use Grid AAC software on an Android device?
- Firmware update affecting Touch Pad
- Fix for firmware update affecting Touch Pad
Converting video files in Look to Learn on Windows 7
Due to the update to Look to Learn requiring HTML5, Look to Learn will automatically convert any video files used in the Video Wall activities to the new structure. However, due to the limitations of Windows 7, this cannot happen automatically and will need to be performed manually before updating and opening the software.
Finding your video files
If your video files are currently being used by Look to Learn, you can find them inside the file location here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sensory Software\Look to Learn\Video wall
There are 4 video wall folders for Video Wall, one for each of the activities in Look to Learn.
NOTE: If you do not want to convert these files and instead want to reset the software back to factory settings, delete any files you find in each Video wall folder, and then run the Look to Learn installer to reset the software. If these video files are still required elsewhere, you can cut and paste them to another folder to store them for future use.
These files will be in a .flv format, as that was the format required for the old Look to Learn installation. We will need to convert these files to a .webm format for use in the new version of Look to Learn.
Create a new folder on your Windows Desktop called Look to Learn Videos and copy and paste all the video files from the video wall folders into this location to make them easier to find. Once they are copied, you can delete the files from the video wall folders.
Converting your video files
To convert your video files we recommend installing the trial version of Any Video Converter Ultimate (https://www.any-video-converter.com/), other video conversion tools can also be used if available. This is a third-party program (not owned or supported by Smartbox).
Once the installer has been downloaded, follow the steps on screen and install Any Video Converter Ultimate.
Once installed – you will be prompted for a licence key, simply click the Continue to Try option on the far right, as we recommend uninstalling once your video files are converted.
Once the program opens fully, you can start converting your video files.
- Click the blue Add or Drag File(s) button in the centre of the screen.
- Browse to your Look to Learn videos folder on your Desktop.
- Select all the files you wish to convert and click Open.
- In the drop-down menu in the top right corner (next to the Convert Now! Button) – select the icon that looks like a film strip to filter the list and select .webm, found under the Common Video Files heading. Ensure the “Apply the selected profile to all videos” is ticked at the bottom
- Click Convert Now! The videos will all convert one at a time; once completed, there will be a Completed tag next to the thumbnail of each picture.
- The converted files will be stored inside the My Videos -> Any Video Converter Ultimate –> Webm folder. These files can then be copied back into the Video wall folders (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sensory Software\Look to Learn\Video wall). Look to Learn will then open as normal.
Uninstalling Any Video Converter
Once all the video files have been converted, we can remove Any Video Converter from the device. We can uninstall the program via the Programs and Features menu inside the Windows Control Panel.
Simply highlight the Any Video Converter program in the list and select Uninstall at the top of the page. Follow the uninstall process through and the program will be removed. Repeat this process for all Any Video Converter entries, as required.
Once completed, the program should no longer be present in the list of installed programs.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.