- Downloading and Burning ISO Files
- Gathering information about an error
- Which versions of Windows are supported?
- Types of USB switch connector
- Questions about Smartbox Update
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows XP
- Installing VLC media player.
- Activate Smartbox software without an internet connection
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- Licencing Dwell Clicker 2
- Alea Intelligaze Shortcuts
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Finding Log files for our software
- Returning an item to us
- Smartbox and your data
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- How to create cells to play a song or video from your music / video library
- Connecting an external microphone to Power Pad
- Windows 10 Update Assistant failing to update software
- TalkTalk blocking Teamviewer
- Screen rotation re-enabled after Windows update
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to add a video to your grid set
- Checking the Bluetooth speaker connection on Touch Pad
- Creating a word list in Grid
- Cleaning of devices
- How to get set up for a Virtual Visit
- How to make Super Core Communication Book pages
- What is AAC?
- Information to help us deliver support
- Grid Voices
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- Updating Look to Learn and Look to Read
- Converting video files in Look to Learn on Windows 7
- Declarations of conformity
Creating a word list in Grid
Word lists are a convenient way of quickly adding a large number of words or phrases to a grid, using cells which automatically populate from a list.
Creating a word list
Go to Edit mode by pressing F11 or using the drop-down menu in the top left and selecting Edit Grid.
In the grid set, select/ highlight all the cells that you would like to be populated by the word list.
Select Create cell then, from the Chat and writing options, select Wordlist.
From the left-hand side of the screen, select the Edit button to start creating your word list.
Adding words to the list is simple: start typing a word into the box, hitting Enter to separate each individual word. Grid will automatically suggest symbols to use to create the cell. To change the order of the list, words can be dragged up and down the list on the left-hand side.
Tip: you can find alternative symbols or images by selecting Find picture.
If your list is greater than the number of cells available, Grid will automatically as a More cell to the bottom right of the grid, adding an additional grid for more content.
Tip: Word lists can be easily modified ‘on the go’ without having to go into Edit mode.
Select the Edit icon (top left of the screen) and then select Edit word list.
Wordlist cells are grouped as auto content cells. This means any command added to a word list cell will be copied across to the other word list cells in that grid.
Create word list from a body of text
In Grid, you can create a wordlist using text from a web page, email, document or anywhere else.
Highlight the text and copy it to the clipboard.
Begin editing the wordlist. Select Tools, then Add words from Text. You may need to do some editing to put a word on each line, one line representing one cell.
Once you are happy with your list, click Add. Each word can be edited as before to change pictures and modify the list order.
Tip: Small words such as ‘is ’and ‘the’ are automatically removed. Any other unwanted words can be manually edited out by highlighting them in the word list editors text area and deleting.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.