- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- What is AAC?
- What is Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- The Grid Explorer menu in Grid 3
- Choosing your first grid sets in Grid 3
- What grid sets are included with Grid 3?
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Grid Voices
- How to update to the latest version of Facebook
- Adding the new Facebook grids into Fast Talker
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- Declarations of conformity
Creating and editing a write cell
What is a Write cell?
Write cells write text into the writing area.
Many grid sets come already populated with hundreds of words but you may want to add your own or edit existing words. In this lesson, we will learn how to create and edit write cells.
Creating a new write cell in Grid 3
Go to Edit mode by pressing F11 or using the drop-down menu in the top left and selecting Edit Grid.
Select and empty cell.
When the cell is highlighted select Create Cell or Add Command from the left-hand column.
A new window will open, offering you commands you can use in this grid.
The Write command we need for this lesson is in the Favourites section.
Select Write and press OK.
The command will appear on the left.
Write your word either directly into the cell or into the command in the left column. The Same cell label tab is set as On by default. If you want the words in the writing area to be different from the label, select Off.
Grid will suggest a suitable symbol to use in the cell. You can search for more symbols and images by selecting Find Picture.
Editing an existing write cell in Grid
You may want to change a Write on an existing grid set.
Select Edit grid (F11) from the drop-down menu.
Select the cell you want to edit.
You can change the label in 3 ways:
- Select Change label in the menu
- Right-click the cell and select Change label
- Change the text in the column on the left
- Press F2
When you have finished editing your cells, click on Finish Editing. If you are happy with the changes, select Yes and exit.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.