- Speech recognition and The Grid 2
- MyTobii eye tracking not working with The Grid 2 after update
- How to install Calendar for The Grid 2
- Touchscreen settings for Tobii C-Series devices with The Grid 2
- Disable Charms Bar & Hot Corners on Windows 8/8.1 touchscreens
- Change timings in Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- Using Google as your search engine in the Grid 2
- Troubleshooting Grid 2 start-up problems
- Troubleshooting Quick Glance with The Grid 2
- Configuring Gmail for use with Grid 2
- Environment control troubleshooting in The Grid 2
- How do I use the tabs in Grid Explorer in The Grid 2?
- The Grid 2 not recognising Tobii PCEye
- Basic video training for The Grid 2
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender in The Grid 2
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Using The Grid 2 and a tablet as a dedicated communication aid
- Firewall settings
- Free email account for Grid 2
- Focusing on Computer control in The Grid 2
- File location placeholders in The Grid 2
- Eyegaze interaction with The Grid 2
- XML Schema for The Grid 2
- Why is AllWrite receiving jumbled words in The Grid 2?
- Which switch adaptors can I use with The Grid 2?
- Where are my The Grid 2 Users stored?
- What is the Program Control workspace in The Grid 2
- What is the minimum specification for The Grid 2?
- What is compatibility mode in The Grid 2?
- Video Clips for The Grid 2
- Using Webcams with Grid 2
- Using the Grid 2 Importer
- Using symbols with typing in The Grid 2
- Using more than one picture library in The Grid 2
- Using Grid 2 with non-Latin alphabets
- Using Grid 2 with Hotmail
- Using Abbreviation Expansion in The Grid 2
- User Permissions for Smartbox software
- User options for dwell and scanning time in The Grid 2
- User Account Control in Windows Vista for The Grid 2
- Use of Grid 2 in Chinese
- Using The Grid 2 with Googlemail
- Understanding volume in The Grid 2
- Troubleshooting speech problems in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 Workspaces
- The Grid 2 web browser improvements – v.2.3
- The Grid 2 picture editor
- The Grid 2 is running twice
- The Grid 2 error message “You do not have language X installed”
- The Grid 2 DVD player
- The Grid 2 and Z-Wave
- Sony Ericsson phones with The Grid 2
- Showing missing symbols in The Grid 2
- Sharing The Grid 2 Users over a network
- Setting up your TIRA or UUIRT device for EC in The Grid 2
- Setting up your GEWA device for Environment Control in The Grid 2
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Selecting a voice in The Grid 2
- Saved Phrases in The Grid 2
- Run programs from The Grid 2
- Reports in The Grid 2
- Release notes for The Grid 2
- Prediction in The Grid 2
- Prediction cells in The Grid 2
- Playing music files using the music player workspace in The Grid 2
- Picture viewer in The Grid 2
- Phones compatible with The Grid 2
- Option to Hide Cells in The Grid 2
- Notes on The Grid 2 Importer
- No sound when playing DVDs in The Grid 2
- New Switch options for The Grid 2 2.7 update
- My words are appearing joined up in The Grid 2!
- Moving and resizing cells in The Grid 2
- MIDI in The Grid 2
- Making games with player scores in The Grid 2
- Locking grids to prevent changes in The Grid 2
- Licencing The Grid 2
- Licensing of grid sets in The Grid 2
- Keyboard shortcuts for editing The Grid 2
- Jump cells and new grids in The Grid 2
- Introducing “English (United States)” to The Grid 2
- Importing and exporting grid bundles in The Grid 2
- How to Make a photo album in The Grid 2
- How to create a music grid with symbols in The Grid 2
- How to use the Random Phrase Command in The Grid 2
- How to speed up switch input in The Grid 2
- How to open a specific file in Computer Control with The Grid 2
- How to navigate around text in The Grid 2
- How to install The Grid 2
- How to hide the Task Bar when using Program Control in The Grid 2
- How to get a new language for The Grid 2
- How to create a wordlist in The Grid 2
- How to create a visual scene in The Grid 2
- How to change the language of a grid set in The Grid 2
- How to backup users in The Grid 2 Grid Explorer
- How many rows, column and cells can I have in The Grid 2?
- How do I use the Webcam workspace in The Grid 2?
- How do I make The Grid 2 start when I turn on my computer?
- How do I make The Grid 2 show my grids when it starts?
- Hiding the menu bar in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 Grid Explorer and your Users
- Grid 2 User Migration Tool
- Grid 2 mobile phone workspace
- Grid 2 Commands
- Grid 2 Cell Styles
- General editing of The Grid 2
- Error tracking with Sensory Software programs
- The Grid 2 Error message Incorrect Version of Binaries
- Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- Environment Control Transmitters and The Grid 2
- Email with The Grid 2
- Editing a cell in Grid 2
- EC Accessories and Transmitters
- Display options in The Grid 2 update 2.7
- Data Logging in The Grid 2
- Cursor control problems with The Grid 2 in Vista and Windows 7
- Creating a music grid in The Grid 2
- Creating “are you sure” options in The Grid 2
- Create a grid for a specific program in The Grid 2
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Connecting a USB Modem to Grid 2
- Connect a mobile phone to The Grid 2 with Bluetooth
- Common on-screen keyboard cells in The Grid 2
- Setting up your access method in The Grid 2
- Changing User Settings in The Grid 2
- Changing the COM port for a USB device
- Autocomplete Prediction and SwiftKey in The Grid 2
- Auto content cells in The Grid 2
- Audio connections for mobile phone conversations with The Grid 2
- Adding/removing rows and columns in The Grid 2
- Adding music to The Grid 2
- Setting up two Pretorian Simply Works – Switch 75s or Easyswitch with The Grid 2
- Grid 2 and Voice Recognition
- The Grid 2 Access Methods: Switches
- The Grid 2 Access Methods: Pointer Settings
- The Grid 2 Access Methods: Eye Gaze
- Acapela voice licence error in The Grid 2
- Pointer settings in The Grid 2
- Eye gaze settings in The Grid 2
- Using IR Trans with multiple transmitters in The Grid 2
- How do I send a grid set to Grid Player from The Grid 2?
- Activate Smartbox software without an internet connection
- Problems with Grid 3, The Grid 2 and Look to Learn after the Windows Autumn Creators update
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- Smartbox software issues after Windows 10 updates
Data Logging in The Grid 2
The Grid 2 includes a data logger along with some powerful analysis tools to assist you in visualising the data that has been recorded. Logging data about activity within The Grid 2 can allow you to improve the grids that you create and provide.
Recording data about a user has privacy implications which should not be taken lightly. We have taken a number of steps to try address this issue.
Off by default
Firstly, the data logger is always turned OFF by default. This means that you must deliberately turn ON the data logger for each user. This should help to ensure that there is no accidental recording of data.
Putting in the user control
There are commands to allow the user to turn data logging on or off as they please. These include an indicator light so that the user can clearly see when data is being logged.
Recording non-private date only
The data recorded by The Grid 2 does not include personal information, as far as possible. There are a couple of things that have been done to ensure this:
- The content of sentences written or spoken is not recorded. This means that you cannot see what someone has said by looking at the data log.
- The time at which an action (such as a cell selection) occurs is stored separately from the action that occurred. This means that it is very difficult to find out the order in which cells were selected, and hence reconstruct what was written.
The Grid 2 includes a number of useful analysis tools for viewing the data that has been recorded.
This gives you a visual representation of how frequently each cell is selected on each grid. The cells are graded according to how often they have been selected, and colour-coded accordingly.
To display cell activity, go to Analysis > Data Log > Show Cell Activity Levels.
Note that when you are displaying cell activity, the data logger is temporarily disabled. This means you can jump between grids without changing the statistics about the number of jumps made.
Grid visits vs steps to Grid
This shows a graph on which each point represents one or more grids. The x-axis is the number of jumps from the home page to the grid, and the y-axis show how frequently that grid is used.
To display this (and the other) charts, go to Analysis > Data Log > Charts.
Activity by hour
This shows the relative amount of use by hour of day. The x-axis shows the hour on a 24 hour clock (i.e. 15 represents activity between 3:00pm and 3:59pm) and the y-axis is the percentage of overall activity.
Activity by day of week
For each week you can see how the activity was distributed across the different days of the week.
Here you can see a chart showing how many often each grid was visited (red bars corresponding to the scale on the left) and how many selections were made per visit (green bars corresponding to the scale on the right).
Grid activity (PIE)
This pie chart shows the information about how much each grid is used as a proportion of the total activity.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.