- Basic video training for The Grid 2
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Using The Grid 2 and a tablet as a dedicated communication aid
- Free email account for Grid 2
- File location placeholders in The Grid 2
- XML Schema for The Grid 2
- Where are my The Grid 2 Users stored?
- What is the Program Control workspace in The Grid 2
- What is the minimum specification for The Grid 2?
- What is compatibility mode in The Grid 2?
- Using the Grid 2 Importer
- Using symbols with typing in The Grid 2
- Using more than one picture library in The Grid 2
- Using Abbreviation Expansion in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 Workspaces
- The Grid 2 web browser improvements – v.2.3
- The Grid 2 picture editor
- The Grid 2 DVD player
- Sony Ericsson phones with The Grid 2
- Sharing The Grid 2 Users over a network
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Saved Phrases in The Grid 2
- Run programs from The Grid 2
- Reports in The Grid 2
- Release notes for The Grid 2
- Prediction in The Grid 2
- Prediction cells in The Grid 2
- Playing music files using the music player workspace in The Grid 2
- Picture viewer in The Grid 2
- Notes on The Grid 2 Importer
- New Switch options for The Grid 2 2.7 update
- Moving and resizing cells in The Grid 2
- How many rows, column and cells can I have in The Grid 2?
- The Grid 2 Grid Explorer and your Users
- Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- Display options in The Grid 2 update 2.7
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Common on-screen keyboard cells in The Grid 2
- Auto content cells in The Grid 2
Display options in The Grid 2 update 2.7
The Grid 2.7 has some additional display options to that of earlier versions
Grid Window Size
If you wish to change the size of The Grid 2 window, click on File, then Preferences. There are now three options:
- Full screen – this is the default option, and the most commonly used option for end users.
- Variable size – this new option means that you can control the window size, just like in any Windows program. This can be useful when editing The Grid 2.
- Fixed size – this option allows you to design grids for Grid Mobile, and for other devices with smaller screens than the one you are working on. You can now the move this window around the screen.
Grid Redraw Option
There are now three options for displaying grids. These can be found in User Settings, under Appearance.
- Display background first – this is useful on slow computers. Select this option if you want an instant response when a jump cell is selected. The current grid will disappear, and the new one will be displayed when it is ready.
- Display grid all at once -This is good if you want a seamless transition between grids, for example if you have two grids which are almost identical. The current grid will remain on the screen for a short time before the new grid is displayed. There is less flicker with this method, but on slow computers you may think nothing is happening.
- Animate grid -The grid will “slide” onto the screen, to help the user realise that a new grid is being displayed.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.