- Create a new user in Grid 3
- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- Downloading new voices in Grid 3
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- What is AAC?
- What is Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- The Grid Explorer menu in Grid 3
- Choosing your first grid sets in Grid 3
- What grid sets are included with Grid 3?
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
Downloading new voices in Grid 3
Grid 3.0.7 introduces the new Voice Store which allows you to browse, preview and download new voices into Grid 3.
Accessing the voice store
Enter the Grid 3 settings screen from the ribbon menu (or keyboard shortcut F10) and select Speech. You have options to change the Voice for both Speaking and Audio feedback (you can select different voices for both of these if you like). Click Voices to open the Voice selection window.
The Voice window lists installed voices at the top of the list, then available downloadable voices below (your device must be connected to the internet for downloadable voices to appear). The descriptions list the gender, age and the licence status of the voice. Clicking on a voice then pressing Listen will play a short preview.
You can explore different languages and accents by using the language tab in the top right of the voice window.
Selecting a voice and clicking Get will take you to the purchase options. From this screen you can try the voice with a 60-day trial, buy the voice online or activate the voice if you already have a code.
Selecting Try will begin downloading voice to your computer (most voices are around 80-100MB). Once the download has completed select Install. Installation of a new voice requires Grid 3 to restart.
Once Grid 3 has restarted, navigate back to the Voices page and you can select your new voice. you can see how long you have left of your trial. If you wish to purchase the voice, click on Get, and then select Buy Online.
When you click Buy Online, your browser will open with the Smartbox online store. You can see the voice you have selected will be listed, fill in your details and click Next.
You will be given a Purchase summary. Clicking Next will take you through to our payment page. Once payment has been authorised you will receive your licence key via email. Clicking back to Grid 3, the software will automatically detect the new voice has been purchased and activate. If this does not happen, you can manually type in the Licence code.
Once your new voice is installed, you can also configure and tweak it to your preference. From the Speech settings screen select Configure and you can adjust the Speed, Pitch and Volume of your selected voice as well as which output device you would like to use.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.