- Setting up email with BT Internet in Grid 3
- Fix problems after connecting USB devices on Grid Pad 18
- Firewall settings
- Create a new user in Grid 3
- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing a picture
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 minimum specifications
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving cells in Grid 3
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing the grid layout in Grid 3
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell styles
- Jump cells
- Chat and writing cells
- Commands in Grid 3
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids in Grid 3
- Cell accessibility in Grid 3
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid 3
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid 3
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid 3
- Grid set settings in Grid 3
- Email account settings in Grid 3
- Speech settings in Grid 3
- Mouse and head pointer settings in Grid 3
- Touch settings in Grid 3
- Eye gaze settings in Grid 3
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- Activate Smartbox software without an internet connection
- Downloading new voices in Grid 3
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- How to configure Mobi 2 switch inputs to work with the Grid 3
- How to configure Tellus 5 switch inputs to work with the Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Tobii PCEye Mini
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- Setting up an EasyWave Socket in Grid 3
- Setting up an infra red (IR) accessory in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Windows on screen keyboard not working after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Using Ablenet Blue 2 bluetooth switch with Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Troubleshooting IR remotes in Grid 3
- Send your grid sets to Online Grids from Grid 3
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Upgrading from The Grid 2 to Grid 3
- How to reduce the size of large grid sets in Grid 3
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Sending Symbol based emails to a contact with an iPhone in Grid 3
- Grid 3 not starting after running Windows 7 updates
- Grid 3 is not able to update
- Problems with Grid 3, The Grid 2 and Look to Learn after the Windows Autumn Creators update
- How to use a myGaze camera to blink to click in Grid 3
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- Issue with McAfee conflicting with Grid 3
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- Where can I find the myGaze EyeMouse Play software?
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Delayed or unresponsive touch screen
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- EyeMouse Play reporting problem with USB 3.0 connection
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Not receiving notifications of phone calls in Grid 3
- Grid 3 running slow
- Using Grid 3’s commands to change settings
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- Cursor drifting to the side of the screen when using Quha Zono
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Setting up your Irisbond Duo camera in Grid 3
- How to create cells to play a song or video from your music / video library
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- Unable to send messages using Grid 3 with Call Center
- How to change between two access methods in Grid 3
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Smartbox software issues after Windows 10 updates
- How to hide the rest cell
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- How to Disable Exclusive Mode in Windows Sound Preferences
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Grid 3 version 43 and TobiiDynavox Eyegaze
- How to add a video to your grid set
Email account settings in Grid 3
Grid 3 allows you to send and receive email using your existing email account.
Click on the Menu bar, then Settings, Accounts and Email.
Click on the drop down menu, and select your email provider.
If you have a Google (Gmail), Microsoft (Outlook.com) or Yahoo account, choose this from the menu.
Just enter your username and password, and click Test to verify the settings.
Your email will now be available in any grid set for this user which contains an email page.
Gmail specific settings
Google require additional settings to be active on your account before Grid 3 will connect.
In your browser, sign in to Google. Click on your profile image in the top right and select My Account.
On the My Account page select Sign in & Security. Scroll to the bottom of the page and check the Allow less secure apps toggle is on.
You may also need to enable IMAP on your account. You can find this toggle on your Gmail settings page:
Yahoo specific settings
To use a Yahoo email account you may need to allow less secure connections. To find out more information visit : https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html
You will need to generate an app specific password for Grid 3, you can find these settings in your Yahoo account under Account Security->Manage App passwords
You may find that you are unable to view sent emails. This is because Yahoo does not record emails sent via Grid 3. We are aware of this problem and are looking into a solution.
If you are using an Apple iCloud account you can use the following settings to configure your emails.
IMAP server address: imap.mail.me.com
SMTP server address: smtp.mail.me.com
Manual email settings
If your email provider is not Google, Microsoft or Yahoo, click on Read and send through IMAP and SMTP accounts.
You will need some information from your email provider, which can normally be found in the Support section of their web site – look for ‘email settings’ or ‘setting up your email client’.
You may also need to enable IMAP for your email account – log in to your email account in a web browser, and look for this option in email settings.
In addition to your email address, username and password, you will need to know:
• The server addresses and ports for incoming and outgoing mail.
• The security and authentication requirements (whether SSL is required, and whether authentication is required for outgoing mail).
Click on Test Connection to verify your settings.
NTL and NTL World
Some users who still have an older NTL email address need to use specific settings in Grid 3.
On the email settings page use the following SMTP details:
Set Use SSL to Off and Use authentication and Use incoming username and password to ON.
AOL Email Settings
If you are using AOL you can use the following settings to configure your emails.
Enter email address and Username.
Use the following settings:
Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.aol.com
Use SSL: On
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
Use SSL: On
Use authentication: On
Use incoming username and password: On
Firewall settings for email
Domains and ports are shown when configuring email within the software, except when a built-in email service is being used in Grid 3.
To receive email the following domains should not be blocked on port 993:
To send email the following domains should not be blocked on port 587:
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.