- Setting up email with BT Internet in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings in Grid 3
- Email account settings in Grid 3
- Speech settings in Grid 3
- Mouse and head pointer settings in Grid 3
- Touch settings in Grid 3
- Eye gaze settings in Grid 3
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smartphone with Grid
Email account settings in Grid 3
Grid 3 allows you to send and receive email using your existing email account.
Click on the Menu bar, then Settings, Accounts and Email.
Click on the drop down menu, and select your email provider.
If you have a Google (Gmail), Microsoft (Outlook.com) or Yahoo account, choose this from the menu.
Just enter your username and password, and click Test to verify the settings.
Your email will now be available in any grid set for this user which contains an email page.
Gmail specific settings
Google require additional settings to be active on your account before Grid 3 will connect.
In your browser, sign in to Google. Click on your profile image in the top right and select My Account.
On the My Account page select Sign in & Security. Scroll to the bottom of the page and check the Allow less secure apps toggle is on.
You may also need to enable IMAP on your account. You can find this toggle on your Gmail settings page:
Yahoo specific settings
To use a Yahoo email account you may need to allow less secure connections. To find out more information visit : https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html
You will need to generate an app specific password for Grid 3, you can find these settings in your Yahoo account under Account Security->Manage App passwords
You may find that you are unable to view sent emails. This is because Yahoo does not record emails sent via Grid 3. We are aware of this problem and are looking into a solution.
If you are using an Apple iCloud account you can use the following settings to configure your emails.
IMAP server address: imap.mail.me.com
SMTP server address: smtp.mail.me.com
Manual email settings
If your email provider is not Google, Microsoft or Yahoo, click on Read and send through IMAP and SMTP accounts.
You will need some information from your email provider, which can normally be found in the Support section of their web site – look for ‘email settings’ or ‘setting up your email client’.
You may also need to enable IMAP for your email account – log in to your email account in a web browser, and look for this option in email settings.
In addition to your email address, username and password, you will need to know:
• The server addresses and ports for incoming and outgoing mail.
• The security and authentication requirements (whether SSL is required, and whether authentication is required for outgoing mail).
Click on Test Connection to verify your settings.
NTL and NTL World
Some users who still have an older NTL email address need to use specific settings in Grid 3.
On the email settings page use the following SMTP details:
Set Use SSL to Off and Use authentication and Use incoming username and password to ON.
AOL Email Settings
If you are using AOL you can use the following settings to configure your emails.
Enter email address and Username.
Use the following settings:
Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.aol.com
Use SSL: On
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
Use SSL: On
Use authentication: On
Use incoming username and password: On
Firewall settings for email
Domains and ports are shown when configuring email within the software, except when a built-in email service is being used in Grid 3.
To receive email the following domains should not be blocked on port 993:
To send email the following domains should not be blocked on port 587:
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.