- Using your BT Internet email account in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings
- Email account settings in Grid
- Speech settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to change symbol set or library in Grid 3
- How to change symbol skin tone in Grid
- Changing your voice in Grid 3
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Changes to Email Security in Grid
- Using your Gmail account with Grid 3
- Using your Yahoo email account with Grid 3
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
Email account settings in Grid
Grid allows you to send and receive email using your existing email account.
Specific email providers
Grid 3 supports the most popular email services, however, you will need to follow specific instructions to use them with Grid 3
Gmail / Google Mail – Using your Gmail account with Grid 3
BT Internet – Using your BT Internet email account in Grid 3
Email Settings in Grid 3
Select Menu from Grid explorer (You can open the menu by pressing F10)
Select Settings > Accounts > Emails
From the drop-down menu, select the correct email provider.
Depending on the provider, you may need to configure settings in the email client before the connections can be tested. To check and allow access with your email provider:
Manual email settings
This is for accounts that are not Gmail or Yahoo, select IMAP and SMTP accounts
Some further information will be needed, but these can be found in the Support section provided via the email provider – look for ‘email settings’ or ‘setting up your email client’.
IMAP will also need to be enabled for the email account – log in to the account in a browser and look for this option in the email settings.
In addition to having an email address, username and password you will need:
- The server address and ports for incoming and outgoing mail
- Security and authentication requirements (whether SSL is required or whether authentication is required for outgoing mail.)
Once all fields are complete, select Test Connection to verify the settings.
Domains and ports are shown when configuring email within the software, except when a built-in email service is being used in Grid.
To receive email the following domains should not be blocked on port 993:
To send email, the following domains should not be blocked on port 587:
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.