- Setting up email with BT Internet in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings
- Email account settings in Grid
- Speech settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to change symbol set or library in Grid 3
- How to change symbol skin tone in Grid
- Changing your voice in Grid 3
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
Eye gaze settings in Grid
Grid is compatible with all forms of access. Eye gaze is often seen as the most flexible access method, used across a variety of conditions and abilities.
If your eye gaze camera has not been installed, please follow the installation documentation supplied with the camera to install the software and connect to your device
Eye gaze settings
In Grid Explorer, open the Menu and select Settings (or press F10). Then Access > Eye gaze
You use this menu to select the camera you want to use with Grid. You can select from the drop-down list of supported cameras. You can also access camera-specific settings from inside this menu, for example:
- Single eye-tracking
- Indicator lights
This menu houses the settings to configure how the eye gaze camera works with Grid.
The Activate settings change how the user will select cells inside Grid. The first drop-down menu offers a selection of 3 access options:
- Dwell to click – holding gaze on a cell to activate it
- Blink to click – blinking for a specified amount of time to activate a cell
- Switch to click – pressing a pre-programmed switch will activate a cell
This alters what happens when a cell is dwelt on. Choose from;
- Highlighting border
- Highlighting background
It is also possible to turn on an eye gaze dot. This acts as a visual representation of the focus of the users’ gaze.
You can also activate auditory feedback on highlighting which will read the label of the cell the user is looking at.
Selecting the Calibrate button will automatically start an eye gaze calibration within Grid. This process requires the user to follow and focus on a dot as it appears on the screen. This helps ensure accuracy from the camera.
Calibration is fully customisable with the following parameters being fully customisable:
- Number of calibration points
- Speed of dwell
- Speed of movement of the dots
- Style of calibration point
- Whether the calibration is automatic
Tip: You can use a custom picture for calibration. Select Custom Image from the top drop-down menu.
This menu allows you to change how the eye gaze camera interacts with Grid when using a computer control grid set.
The drop-down menus allow you to specify how the user will activate a click as well as turn on the eye gaze dot.
The sliders beneath change depending on which activation method is selected from the first drop-down box.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.