- SB10, Grid Pad Go, Pro 11 and Eye 11 general troubleshooting
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Generate a battery report
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- How do we estimate our battery life?
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- Access method less responsive after Windows update
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- How to use headphones without interfering with speech
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- How to turn off touch screen hooking in EyeTech QuickACCESS
- Not receiving notifications of phone calls in Grid 3
- How to improve visual feedback for touch screen users
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Windows 10 update reverts Grid Pad Start Menu
- Windows 10 update re-enables Fast startup
- High CPU usage on Grid Pad 13
- Grid Pad and Accessory manuals
- Programmable buttons on Grid Pad 12
- Cleaning of devices
- Grid Pad 15 – A Class 1 Medical Device
- Grid Pad 8 and 10 screen rotating not in sync with touch
- Sleep screen or wake on touch issues after Windows Update 2004/20H2
- Echo cancellation setting in Grid
- Declarations of conformity
- Grid Pad 10s Device temperature
Generate a battery report
If you are having trouble with your Grid Pad’s battery, it is useful to generate a battery report to help our support team identify issues.
To generate the report in Windows 10:
- Open the Command Prompt with Admin privileges. (Windows Button + X key and select Command Prompt (Admin) )
- In the Command Prompt window type powercfg/batteryreport and hit enter
- The report will be generated as an HTML document. You will be told in the Command Prompt window where this document is saved
Reading the report
The battery report lists basic computer information then the Installed batteries.
In the below example you can see details of a Grid Pad 13 device with both the internal battery and an external battery connected.
Further down the report you will see battery life estimates, how the devices battery has been performing and more.
The chart above shows a Grid Pad 13 device. The short red lines show the device being used then entering sleep mode before powering off. The long red line then shows the device going from fully charged to 5% capacity (when devices hit 2-5% battery they will shut down to prevent data loss).
The usage chart should not be showing the devices battery hitting zero regularly as this can cause the battery to degrade quickly. When the device has been charged, the red line should be above 70%.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.