- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- How to configure Mobi 2 switch inputs to work with the Grid 3
- How to configure Tellus 5 switch inputs to work with the Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Tobii PCEye Mini
- Using Ablenet Blue 2 bluetooth switch with Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- How to use a myGaze camera to blink to click in Grid 3
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- Delayed or unresponsive touch screen
- Where can I find the myGaze EyeMouse Play software?
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- EyeMouse Play reporting problem with USB 3.0 connection
- Cursor drifting to the side of the screen when using Quha Zono
- Using Grid 3’s commands to change settings
- Setting up your Irisbond Duo camera in Grid 3
- How to change between two access methods in Grid 3
- How to hide the rest cell
- Grid 3 version 43 and TobiiDynavox Eyegaze
- Irisbond Duo advanced crash reporting system
- How to set up Look to Read and Look to Learn with eye gaze in Grid 3
Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
The voice activation Access method in Grid 3 allows you to toggle cells and navigate grid sets using your voice.
When you turn on voice activation your grids default to a ‘Rest’ state. When you speak the Wake up phrase, the grid set will toggle the Rest cell and you can speak any cell label to activate it. By default the wake up phrase is ‘Hey Grid 3’ however this can be changed to whatever you want!
Setting up your voice
The voice activation settings are found under Settings > Access > Voice
To turn on voice activation select ‘Speak cell text to activate’ under the Activate heading.
You can select the microphone you wish to use to listen for the Wake up phrase under the Audio input option. This opens the Windows sound menu and displays all of the available audio input devices.
To improve the performance of voice activation you can configure your microphone. This will take you through the Windows Microphone Setup Wizard and help you adjust the settings to pick out your voice clearly. Once this process has been completed you can also use the Improve accuracy option to take you through the Speech Recognition Voice Training. This takes between 30 minutes and an hour. This process asks you to read aloud a variety of sentences to fine tune the voice recognition.
Changing the phrase ‘Hey grid 3’
To change the wake up phrase ‘Hey Grid 3’ simply change the text in the Wake up phrase text box. We recommend something short but also uncommon, such as ‘Hello Grid Pad’ or ‘Hi computer’. You can even name your computer if you like!
You can also select the Auto-rest time in seconds, this is the amount of time Grid 3 will be listening for the cell command. note that when you activate a cell, the auto-rest time resets so you can make multiple activations.
You can also adjust the sensitivity, which varies depending on your microphone.
Setting up your grid sets
If you are going to be using voice activation, it is worth keeping a few things in mind. You will need a rest cell, much like an eye gaze grid. This will give you a visual hint that Grid 3 has heard you when you speak the wake up phrase.
It is also important to note that activating a cell requires you to speak the cell’s label, cells without labels cannot be activated. It is useful to give your cells clear labels that you are comfortable speaking and describe their function.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.