- Using Google as your search engine in the Grid 2
- Configuring Gmail for use with Grid 2
- How do I use the tabs in Grid Explorer in The Grid 2?
- How to install Calendar for The Grid 2
- Firewall settings
- Using Grid 2 with non-Latin alphabets
- Using Grid 2 with Hotmail
- User Permissions for Smartbox software
- Use of Grid 2 in Chinese
- Using The Grid 2 with Googlemail
- Understanding volume in The Grid 2
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Selecting a voice in The Grid 2
- Phones compatible with The Grid 2
- Option to Hide Cells in The Grid 2
- MIDI in The Grid 2
- Locking grids to prevent changes in The Grid 2
- Introducing “English (United States)” to The Grid 2
- Grid 2 Cell Styles
- Email with The Grid 2
- Changing User Settings in The Grid 2
- Changing the COM port for a USB device
- Autocomplete Prediction and SwiftKey in The Grid 2
- Grid 2 and Voice Recognition
Grid 2 and Voice Recognition
Grid 2.6 includes integrated support for voice recognition. This feature uses the Microsoft recognition engine which is include in Vista and also some versions of Microsoft Office.
Before you can use voice recognition, you will need to train the recogniser to your voice. You should complete the initial setup following Microsoft’s instructions before you try to use it with Grid 2. It is not necessary to start the Microsoft recogniser before starting Grid 2.
The voice recognition options are configured under User Settings/Input/voice Recognition:
When ‘Activate cells by speaking cell text’ is checked, the recogniser is configured so that it responds to the words in the cells. When you speak the word, the cell is clicked. Recognition performance will be much greater than when using the dictation mode because the engine is only looking for a few words.
When ‘Type into workspace by dictating text’ is checked, you can dictate directly into the workspace. The recognition engine will be configured to recognise any word and the output will be set to the workspace.
If you are familiar with the Microsoft dictation engine, you will know that it allows commands such as‘Stop Listening’ and gives an opportunity to correct words and phrases. When used with Grid 2 these commands are NOT available. Instead you can configure a Rest cell to pause voice recognition and use the Grid 2 prediction mechanism.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.