- Making games with player scores in The Grid 2
- Licencing The Grid 2
- Licensing of grid sets in The Grid 2
- Keyboard shortcuts for editing The Grid 2
- Jump cells and new grids in The Grid 2
- Importing and exporting grid bundles in The Grid 2
- How to Make a photo album in The Grid 2
- How to create a music grid with symbols in The Grid 2
- How to use the Random Phrase Command in The Grid 2
- How to speed up switch input in The Grid 2
- How to open a specific file in Computer Control with The Grid 2
- How to navigate around text in The Grid 2
- How to install The Grid 2
- How to get a new language for The Grid 2
- How to create a wordlist in The Grid 2
- How to create a visual scene in The Grid 2
- How to change the language of a grid set in The Grid 2
- How to backup users in The Grid 2 Grid Explorer
- How do I use the Webcam workspace in The Grid 2?
- How do I make The Grid 2 start when I turn on my computer?
- How do I make The Grid 2 show my grids when it starts?
- Hiding the menu bar in The Grid 2
- Grid 2 mobile phone workspace
- Grid 2 Commands
- General editing of The Grid 2
- Editing a cell in Grid 2
- Creating a music grid in The Grid 2
- Creating “are you sure” options in The Grid 2
- Create a grid for a specific program in The Grid 2
- Connecting a USB Modem to Grid 2
- Connect a mobile phone to The Grid 2 with Bluetooth
- Audio connections for mobile phone conversations with The Grid 2
- Adding/removing rows and columns in The Grid 2
- Adding music to The Grid 2
- How do I send a grid set to Grid Player from The Grid 2?
Grid 2 mobile phone workspace
The new Mobile Phone workspace in The Grid 2.3 allows you to make and phone calls, and send and receive SMS text message. Note that this workspace was called the SMS workspace in The Grid 2.2.
Making a call
When you change to this workspace, you see a box where you can enter a phone number. You can type a phone number with your typing cells, or have a number pre-stored in a cell. You can also select a contact auto content cell to use their phone number.
Use the Phone Call command to start a phone call (or to answer a call) and the Hang Up command to end a call.
Whilst you are making a phone call, you can switch to another workspace and speak as normal. The person at the other end of the phone will hear the speech and other sounds from your computer.
Sending or reading an SMS text message
Sending SMS messages is exactly the same as before. All the commands for checking the inbox, sending messages, etc, work in the same way. Use the Edit phone number command to get back from the SMS inbox to entering a phone number.
Compatible mobile phones
You need a phone that supports this. It can be done over Bluetooth or with an Aircard (a mobile phone that goes inside a computer). If you have an Aircard, you need to get an audio adaptor from us to make the audio connections.
If you are using a Bluetooth connection, you can use the audio adaptor or you can simply place the phone near the computer and rely on the microphone to pick up the loudspeaker… but you will need to think about how the voice of the other person (coming down the phone) will be heard.
We’ve also increased the number of phones supported by The Grid 2. There is a list of tested phones available which you should consult before buying a phone. If your phone is not listed, contact us to see if we can get it working!
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.