- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- What is AAC?
- What is Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- The Grid Explorer menu in Grid 3
- Choosing your first grid sets in Grid 3
- What grid sets are included with Grid 3?
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Grid Voices
- How to update to the latest version of Facebook
- Adding the new Facebook grids into Fast Talker
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
Grid 3 Release notes
We now post more detailed release notes for Grid 3 and Grid for iPad here:
- There is a new, simplified sign up process/screen when you create a new user
- You can now sign into Dropbox with Standard users, as well as the Primary user
- Suggest commands can now be used without jumps from self-closing grids
- Improved sort order when printing grids
- Windows would sometimes jump erratically when trying to scroll past limit with touch devices
- Easywave could fail to send multiple commands
- Radar mouse no longer sits behind the Start menu
- Calibration appeared behind Computer Control grids if launched from cell
- Camera cell would sometimes freeze when jumping to another grid that also had a camera cell
- The Speak command did not always work if immediately followed by Clear
- The close window button was not visible when calibrating with black background colour
- New Windows volume commands, enabling you to control the master volume for default audio devices
- Mouse cursor is now shown on tablet devices for pointer control commands
- New options to change voice speed and pitch, when creating a new user
- Improved grammar support for questions in Dutch
- Austrian language support
- Rest cells will no longer cause self-closing grids to close
- Sleep screen would sometimes activate immediately after opening a user
- When Remote Editing, copy grid set didn’t always include the user’s grid sets
- Web search image results could show empty results with slow Internet connections
- Read cell commands could stop before all text had been read
- You can now Apply a background to all grids
- There is a new Grid Player compatibility score under grid set analysis
- The Modify written verb cell now includes a toggle, to Display modified verb in the cell. This lets you choose the way the verbs are displayed – handy for symbol users
- Support for symbolised verb suggestions in Italian
- The tails of letters like ‘g’ and ‘y’ were being cut off in cells in comic sans
- The voice test sentence was always spoken in English
- Hebrew Symbol Communication subcategories were showing for English users
- YouTube and Facebook pages sometimes displayed as a narrow column
- There was a delay when trying to start a second calibration with Alea
- The Web browser would not work if Visual C++ Runtime was not installed
- Configure printer did not work for shared printers
- You can now create Smartbox accounts for all users, not just the Primary user.
- There is now an Improve calibration option for Alea cameras
- m4a audio files are now supported when browsing for Sounds
- Grid set file size is now displayed in the grid set analysis
- Greek and Slovakian language support
- The Battery cell was not appearing on Tobii I-Series devices
- Alea eye gaze calibration was failing with Intelligaze software earlier than version 4
- If you are deleting the last jump to a grid by pasting over it, Grid 3 now warns you and offers to cancel or delete the orphaned grid
- The cursor in the Document Editor cell would move to the beginning of the first line after entering / exiting editing mode
- Available Audio devices was not refreshing when plugging in an audio device
- There was an issue where the colour picker would always choose ‘black’
- The Speak whilst typing setting will now enable you to speak characters, words and sentences as you type them into other programs when using computer control grids
- Enhanced grammar capability for asking questions. Phrases will auto-correct when written as a question – for example, “do he” will become “does he”
- Grid 3 now supports results for Alea eye gaze calibrations
- Activation order commands now support Dimming after selection
- Grid sets are now available in Welsh (including Symbol Talker A and B, Fast Talker 3, Interactive Learning and Accessible Apps)
- Cursor thickness can be set in Windows for use in Grid 3
- Pointer control visuals extend further and smoother
- Automatic font scaling was affecting how quickly cells would appear
- Tools in the word list window were being hidden behind the OK/Accept button when resizing the window
- Inaccessible word list cells imported from The Grid 2 are now accessible
- Netflix videos should now be recognised as links
- Speech highlighting was not always correct if you select some text
- The web browser has been updated and should now be compatible with sites such as Facebook, YouTube and WhatsApp; and grid sets using the built in web browser
- New Activation order and Single activation commands for creating activities within Grid 3
- New Forward command, and Reply to sender and Reply to all options can be added into email grids
- A Battery live cell that shows the current battery percentage in real time, and supports multiple batteries
- A Receive configuration option for Z-wave devices, enabling you to use Z-wave with a family hub
- Added support for Finnish and Polish languages
- We have renamed the community in Grid 3 Online grids. You will find grid sets from Grid 3 users all over the world available here
- New Sleep screen command to turn the screen off manually, and Sleep screen settings to dim the screen and turn it off when not being used. On most devices, enabled access methods can turn the screen back on
- Black and white symbols were being displayed as black rectangles when added to a cell
- Cell accessibility has been updated to allow you to hide some cells that previously could not be hidden, such as the clock
- Selecting No smoothing when using a Tobii camera will no longer stop the camera from working
- The Eye gaze monitor will now display when using an Alea camera when Grid 3 is set to start up in a grid set, with an eye gaze monitor in its home grid.
- The Create cell window would sometimes freeze when opening
- Switching to Blink to click as the eye gaze Computer control click method command didn’t always work
- New corner calibration for myGaze cameras – with 13 targets to improve access for Computer Control or people using grids with high cell count and small targets
- Simpler symbolised verb suggestions (English only)
- Improved access to Remote Support from within Grid 3
- New alert icons – separate icons for Dropbox, email, Remote Support, software update and Smartbox account
- Canadian French language support
- Support for more than one Ir Trans or iTach Flex infrared transmitter, when using multiple accessories for EC around the home
- Removing web Favourites could sometimes crash Grid 3
- Switch scanning no longer restarts mid-scan, as a result of refreshing content on the web page
- An issue with some black and white symbols appearing as solid black has now been corrected
- Voice activation will now wake the screen
- You can now add a second symbol to an existing one, when you are creating custom symbols in My Pictures (Settings > Writing > Symbols)
- The ‘Print’ command no longer always prints in landscape
- Symbols will no longer appear for verb suggestions when turned off in Settings
- When Grid 3 is learning UUIRT codes, it will now tell you if the process has not worked
- Printing grids
- New Z-wave functions, to allow more hardware to be controlled by Grid 3
- Screen brightness command, so users can save battery power and adjust to lighting conditions
- Option to prevent user cancellation of EC commands (needed by some partners)
- Speed improvements to grid set editing.
- New UI font.
- Added support for French and Dutch languages
- Single point calibration for my gaze speed.
- Command browser slow to open for the first time.
- “Conflicted copy” names getting too long.
- Error messages appear when saving after adding a copy-protected grid.
- Missing audio feedback for Stop Scan when extra item in scan.
- Radar doesn’t appear if pointer is at the edge of the screen.
- Volume resetting when an audio description is played.
- Symbolised emails with embedded images causes Grid 3 to crash.
- End user licence agreement in About screen.
- Find Word includes Speak Now commands.
- Pointer control colour options.
- Dot in cell eye gaze highlight option.
- Speed improvements to grid set editing.
- New WordPower 100 grid set.
- Crash when editing large grid sets
- SMS stuck on “Waiting”
- Web browser key commands not working.
- Interruption control for wait, speak now, play sound and play video commands.
- A Play immediately option for Play Video File commands.
- Set grammar for list option for use with word lists.
- New hide menu bar option.
- German and Afrikaans language support
- Web browser workspace doesn’t always contain focus for keystrokes.
- On-screen keyboard won’t launch with Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
- Grid sets are duplicated on save.
- EyeTech ‘EyeWake’ crashes Grid 3.
- Speak Date shouldn’t read leading zeros.
- Single eye tracking.
- Quick write and Read cell commands.
- Cell label and Clipboard options for Add Word command.
- Dutch (Belgium) language support.
- An all new Grid 3 logo and Icons.
- Task bar always on top of Grid 3.
- Voice recognition accuracy.
- Grid sets moving out of folders.
- New ways to discover content in the Add Grid Set menu.
- Delete command for call logs.
- Radio support for BJ Control.
- Support for New Zealand and South African English languages
- PCEye Mini flicker
- Windows dragging when trying to scroll with a touch screen
- F11 not always working
- New option for “Jumbo” cell spacing
- New “Pause” command for phone dialling extensions (and support for commas)
- New gird grouping in grid browsers (by part of name preceding a hyphen).
- Grid 3 crash when loading sms / contacts from mobile phones
- Using touch not responding during calibration.
- Invite / Add other Smartbox account users as your Remote Editors
- Support for bigger word lists (up to 10,000 words)
- Support for infrared envionment control for BJ Control
- Support for Italian, Spanish and Czech languages
- Eye gaze support for the new Tobii PCEye Mini.
- “Move the mouse pointer without clicks” eye gaze computer control option.
- New “Computer control click method” command.
- Environment control support support for iTach Flex.
- Improved control of Windows Apps.
- Swedish language support
- Settings screens and menus sometimes not touch-accessible with Alea Intelligaze running
- MyGaze sometimes not working before you go into a grid
- A problem that sometimes corrupted backup files
- Command on Switches
- Voice Access
- Hebrew language support
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.