- Setting up email with BT Internet in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings in Grid 3
- Email account settings in Grid 3
- Speech settings in Grid 3
- Mouse and head pointer settings in Grid 3
- Touch settings in Grid 3
- Eye gaze settings in Grid 3
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smart phone with Grid
Grid 3 and Z-Wave
Z-Wave and environment control is supported through the Aeon Labs Z-Stick Gen 2 and Gen 5 controllers. Other USB Z-Wave controllers may be compatible but have not been tested by Smartbox.
- You should be running Grid 3.0.20 or later
- Select Settings > Environment Control > Transmitter
- If Z-Wave is not shown, select the Add button and then Z-Wave
- Select the Z-Wave transmitter, then the Configure button
- Select the Port number
- The screen will update and show any paired devices in the Devices section
- To add or remove a device from the Z-Wave network select Add or Remove, then press the button on the accessory
- You can test the device using the drop-down options and Transmit Now button, found to the right of the Devices list
- Information about the network is held in the controller. Once a device has been paired, it cannot be paired with another controller. If bench testing controllers or sockets, be sure to remove the device from the network before shipping
- Grid 3 does not display information from accessories (such as the current temperature setting of a thermostat)
Reset transmitter in the Advanced menu can be used to wipe Z-Wave network information from a controller. Devices should be unpaired before doing this, so that they are ready to pair with the newly reset controller.
Receive configuration in the Advanced menu can be used to receive network information from another controller. This can be used to join an existing Z-Wave network, for example in a family home controlled by a mains-powered hub.
By selecting Receive Configuration, the USB will listen for a different Primary Controller (the hub), which must have its equivalent Transmit Configuration function activated. The USB will then become a Secondary Controller on the hub’s network, and will be able to control the Z-Wave accessories paired with that hub.
Optimise Network in the Advanced menu will instruct accessories on the network to rediscover the best routes to communicate with each other. This can help fix problems caused by poor signal or the loss of a paired accessory.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.