- Basic video training for The Grid 2
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Using The Grid 2 and a tablet as a dedicated communication aid
- Free email account for Grid 2
- File location placeholders in The Grid 2
- XML Schema for The Grid 2
- Where are my The Grid 2 Users stored?
- What is the Program Control workspace in The Grid 2
- What is the minimum specification for The Grid 2?
- What is compatibility mode in The Grid 2?
- Using the Grid 2 Importer
- Using symbols with typing in The Grid 2
- Using more than one picture library in The Grid 2
- Using Abbreviation Expansion in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 Workspaces
- The Grid 2 web browser improvements – v.2.3
- The Grid 2 picture editor
- The Grid 2 DVD player
- Sony Ericsson phones with The Grid 2
- Sharing The Grid 2 Users over a network
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Saved Phrases in The Grid 2
- Run programs from The Grid 2
- Reports in The Grid 2
- Release notes for The Grid 2
- Prediction in The Grid 2
- Prediction cells in The Grid 2
- Playing music files using the music player workspace in The Grid 2
- Picture viewer in The Grid 2
- Notes on The Grid 2 Importer
- New Switch options for The Grid 2 2.7 update
- Moving and resizing cells in The Grid 2
- How many rows, column and cells can I have in The Grid 2?
- The Grid 2 Grid Explorer and your Users
- Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- Display options in The Grid 2 update 2.7
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Common on-screen keyboard cells in The Grid 2
- Auto content cells in The Grid 2
The Grid 2 Grid Explorer and your Users
When you start The Grid 2, you will be presented with the Grid Explorer window. Grid Explorer provides an interface to create, manage and activate users.
Users are grouped in a number of tabs for ease of use. Within a tab there might be just one user or a large number of users. It is very easy to change which tab a user belongs to, either by dragging users between tabs or changing the User Settings. See here for more information about tabs.
What is a User?
Each item in Grid Explorer represents a user. Each user is a combination of User Settings, such as the voice used for speech and options for access, together with a number of grids. A user is also known as a grid set.
What is a Grid?
A Grid is a page of buttons, called cells. Each cell can be used to perform a number of actions. These actions can include talking, writing sentences, jumping to other grids, or carrying out special tasks.
Starting a User
To get a feel for the range of possibilities in The Grid 2, we recommend trying a few of the readymade users included with the software. To start a user, simply double-click on the user icon and the start grid will open.
Making a New User
When making a new user you can either create a user from scratch, or use an existing user as a template. Creating a complete user from scratch can be a big task, therefore we recommend that you begin with a copy of an existing user and modify it according to your needs.
To create a new user, click the New User button in the Grid Explorer toolbar.
To modify an existing user, click once on the user that you want to copy, and then click Clone User in the task panel on the left side of the Grid Explorer.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.