- SB10, Grid Pad Go, Pro 11 and Eye 11 general troubleshooting
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Generate a battery report
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- How do we estimate our battery life?
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- Access method less responsive after Windows update
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- How to use headphones without interfering with speech
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- How to turn off touch screen hooking in EyeTech QuickACCESS
- Not receiving notifications of phone calls in Grid 3
- How to improve visual feedback for touch screen users
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Windows 10 update reverts Grid Pad Start Menu
- Windows 10 update re-enables Fast startup
- High CPU usage on Grid Pad 13
- Grid Pad and Accessory manuals
- Programmable buttons on Grid Pad 12
- Cleaning of devices
- Grid Pad 15 – A Class 1 Medical Device
- Grid Pad 8 and 10 screen rotating not in sync with touch
- Sleep screen or wake on touch issues after Windows Update 2004/20H2
- Echo cancellation setting in Grid
- Declarations of conformity
- Grid Pad 10s Device temperature
Grid Pad 10s Device temperature
Your Grid Pad will get warm. This is by design and is safe for the user and the Grid Pad. However, if you are holding the Grid Pad or resting it on your lap this can be uncomfortable. It is best to use it on a desk, mount, or tray if it gets too warm for comfort.
There are 4 main things that create heat.
Charging a battery creates heat. Most heat is created when the battery is at it’s lowest. If you will be holding the Grid Pad or resting it on your lap, it is best to charge it beforehand to avoid discomfort.
Grid Pad has a very powerful computer. When it is used intensively, running multiple programs, playing games, playing videos, it will get warm. If you are using it intensively it is best to use on a desk, mount or tray.
Daylight bright display
The daylight bright display needs a lot of power to be so bright. If your Grid Pad gets too warm for comfort, reduce the brightness.
Ambient temperature / Direct sunlight
Grid Pad is designed to operate in temperatures up to 35oC. If you are in a hot environment or in direct sunlight your Grid Pad will get hot. Move into the shade or a cooler environment to let your Grid Pad cool down if it gets too hot.
There are safety protection devices inside that will shut down the Grid Pad if the maximum allowable temperature is exceeded. This will avoid damage to the Grid Pad.
No accessible part will exceed 48°C. This is the maximum allowable temperature for parts likely to be touched specified by EN 60601-1 Medical electrical equipment basic safety and essential performance.
Conditions for safe contact
The maximum allowable temperature for parts applied directly to the skin is 48°C. In normal use the device will not exceed this temperature, but it is possible when charging, processing intensively, using daylight bright, or if the ambient temperature is high. For this reason, do not exceed 10 minutes of continuous contact. This is for continuous contact directly with the skin and hotspot on the device.
- Do not leave the device on the users lap or body.
- Do not leave the device in direct contact with the user’s skin.
- Do not touch the device with broken skin or open wounds.
- Infants or high-risk groups should not touch the surface of the device if they are sensitive to heat and at greater risk of burning their skin.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.