- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Generate a battery report
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- How do we estimate our battery life?
- Access method less responsive after Windows update
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- How to turn off touch screen hooking in EyeTech QuickACCESS
- Not receiving notifications of phone calls in Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- How to improve visual feedback for touch screen users
- Grid Pad and Accessory manuals
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Windows 10 update reverts Grid Pad Start Menu
- Windows 10 update re-enables Fast startup
- High CPU usage on Grid Pad 13
- Programmable buttons on Grid Pad 12
- Cleaning of devices
- Grid Pad 8 and 10 screen rotating not in sync with touch
- Grid Pad – Using the second screen
- Grid Pad 15 – A Class 1 Medical Device
- Grid Pad Antimicrobial properties
- How to replace your Grid Pad desk stand
- Sleep screen or wake on touch issues after Windows Update 2004/20H2
- Echo cancellation setting in Grid
- Declarations of conformity
- Medical Device Regulations
- Grid Pad 10s Device temperature
- Grid Pad 10s Remote Power Button
- SB10, Grid Pad Go, Pro 11 and Eye 11 general troubleshooting
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- How to use headphones without interfering with speech
Grid Pad 10s Remote Power Button
Your Grid Pad 10s includes a Remote Power Button, which allows you to turn your Grid Pad on and off independently (either by using the blue power button, or by connecting a switch).
The Remote Power Button can also be used for wireless switch scanning with up to two switches.
You can configure how your Remote Power Button behaves within your Grid settings: Menu – Settings – Computer. Here you can toggle if you want your Remote Power Button to Turn on with remote and/or Turn off with remote. You can also choose how long the button or connected switch needs to be pressed before the device powers off.
Using the switch ports
The two ports on the top of your remote power button allow you to connect one or two switches with a standard 3.5mm plug.
Switch port 1 can also act as a power button, allowing you to use a connected switch to turn your device on and off.
The switch ports of the Remote Power Button are linked to the switch ports of the Grid Pad.
A switch attached to Port 1 of the Remote Power Button will do the same thing as a switch plugged in to Port 1 on your Grid Pad, so you can use it to activate cells in Grid and toggle the device to power off with a long hold.
Changing the batteries
The Remote Power Button uses two AAA batteries.
To change the batteries of your remote power button you need to use a screwdriver to remove the four screws from the rear of the device.
Remove the battery cover, and the spent batteries and replace with new ones.
Pairing the Remote Power Button
The Remote Power Button is paired with your Grid Pad out of the box so you can use it straight away.
You may need to re-pair it if you change the batteries, or want to use it with a different Grid Pad 10s.
To re-pair, press and hold both volume buttons on your Grid Pad for 10 seconds. The LED on the front of the Grid Pad will flash.
Use a pin or thin wire to press in the pairing button, the left hole above the batteries. Press this in for 5 seconds until the LEDs on the front of the Grid pad will blink rapidly to confirm pairing.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.