- SB10, Grid Pad Go, Pro 11 and Eye 11 general troubleshooting
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Generate a battery report
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- How do we estimate our battery life?
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- Access method less responsive after Windows update
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- How to use headphones without interfering with speech
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- How to turn off touch screen hooking in EyeTech QuickACCESS
- Not receiving notifications of phone calls in Grid 3
- How to improve visual feedback for touch screen users
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Windows 10 update reverts Grid Pad Start Menu
- Windows 10 update re-enables Fast startup
- High CPU usage on Grid Pad 13
- Grid Pad and Accessory manuals
- Programmable buttons on Grid Pad 12
- Cleaning and quarantine of devices
- Grid Pad 15 – A Class 1 Medical Device
- Grid Pad 8 and 10 screen rotating not in sync with touch
Grid Pad 8 and 10 screen rotating not in sync with touch
A recent Windows update Intel Corporation – Display – 18.104.22.16881 (October 2020) has caused some Grid Pad 10 devices to rotate the display (Windows) but not the touch screen.
This means that if you press in the top left the GP10 thinks you are pressing the bottom right.
The solution to this is to download and update the Intel driver. You will need to be connected to the internet to download this update:
You could also update via the Intel Driver & Support Assistant:
The challenge, when your device is upside down, is to navigate the screen to download the file you need.
If you have a mouse and keyboard this is easier however not everyone does so here are some steps that might make it easier.
- Disable “Rotation Lock” (Settings\System\Display)
- Rotate the device so that the ‘docking port?’ is facing towards the sky (pointing up)
- Place the device on flat, on a flat surface – without rotating it
- without lifting the device rotate it 180 degrees.
- Your touch input will now match up with the UI
Alternatively, if you cannot do this please contact our Support team who will be happy to help
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.