- Using your BT Internet email account in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings
- Email account settings in Grid
- Speech settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to change symbol set or library in Grid 3
- How to change symbol skin tone in Grid
- Changing your voice in Grid 3
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Changes to Email Security in Grid
- Using your Gmail account with Grid 3
- Using your Yahoo email account with Grid 3
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
Grid set settings
This lesson walks you through how to change the settings on a grid set. Change the Grid set name, icon, description and settings.
Open a grid set. Select Menu from the top of the page.
Select Settings > Grid set (You can also use F10 to access Settings)
This is the name that will be displayed in Grid explorer and what will be visible if and when the grid set is shared at any time
Select the default language for the grid set
Editing this changes the cell icon as it appears in Grid Explorer
This is a brief description of the grid set and its intended use
Choose what will happen in the writing area when the cell is selected, either:
- Speak text
- Move cursor
- Choose whether a symbol appears in the text writing area
Here you can also select the Symbol library (s) for the grid set.
All available resources for the grid set can be linked here by URL.
Tip: Grid set manuals can be accessed from the Menu when the grid is in use
Grid set analysis
Each grid set has a store of detailed information that can be accessed and reported on at any time. This tool is useful for checking consistency regarding grid size, symbol sets and styles.
Summary (shown under the grid set name)
This shows general information including the grid set name, the number of grids and the language used.
Incompatibility issues will also be recorded here e.g. if the grid set will not work in Grid for iPad.
Check whether grid sizes are consistent across the grid set. This is a useful tool when using or creating grid sets to use alongside keyguards.
This information is useful to ensure the symbol set is consistent throughout the grid set.
This shows any information on any styles that are applied throughout the grid set.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.