- Making games with player scores in The Grid 2
- Licencing The Grid 2
- Licensing of grid sets in The Grid 2
- Keyboard shortcuts for editing The Grid 2
- Jump cells and new grids in The Grid 2
- Importing and exporting grid bundles in The Grid 2
- How to Make a photo album in The Grid 2
- How to create a music grid with symbols in The Grid 2
- How to use the Random Phrase Command in The Grid 2
- How to speed up switch input in The Grid 2
- How to open a specific file in Computer Control with The Grid 2
- How to navigate around text in The Grid 2
- How to install The Grid 2
- How to get a new language for The Grid 2
- How to create a wordlist in The Grid 2
- How to create a visual scene in The Grid 2
- How to change the language of a grid set in The Grid 2
- How to backup users in The Grid 2 Grid Explorer
- How do I use the Webcam workspace in The Grid 2?
- How do I make The Grid 2 start when I turn on my computer?
- How do I make The Grid 2 show my grids when it starts?
- Hiding the menu bar in The Grid 2
- Grid 2 mobile phone workspace
- Grid 2 Commands
- General editing of The Grid 2
- Editing a cell in Grid 2
- Creating a music grid in The Grid 2
- Creating “are you sure” options in The Grid 2
- Create a grid for a specific program in The Grid 2
- Connecting a USB Modem to Grid 2
- Connect a mobile phone to The Grid 2 with Bluetooth
- Audio connections for mobile phone conversations with The Grid 2
- Adding/removing rows and columns in The Grid 2
- Adding music to The Grid 2
- How do I send a grid set to Grid Player from The Grid 2?
Hiding the menu bar in The Grid 2
You can hide the menu bar to prevent it being accessed. On a tablet computer with The Grid 2 running full screen with no menu bar, all you can see is your grids: there is no way to get into User Settings, Editing Mode or Grid Explorer.
Use the keyboard to show or hide the menu bar
Press F12 to show or hide the menu bar. If you are using a tablet computer that does not have a keyboard then this option will not be available!
Hide the menu bar from the main menu
Select Edit > Show Menu Bar from the main menu to untick the menu option. Of course, once you have hidden the menu bar this option will no longer be available, so you cannot use this to re-show the menu.
Show or hide the menu bar from the window menu
Click on the window menu (click on the icon in the titlebar or press Alt-Space to open the window menu) and select Show Menu Bar.
Click in the grid corners to show the menu bar
You need to turn this option on before you can use it. Select File > Preferences from the menu, then tick the option “Click in grid corners to show the menu bar”, the click Ok to save the change.
Now hide the menu bar using one of the methods listed above. You will see two small red squares in the top-left and top-right corners of your grid.
To show the menu bar, click the square in the top-left, and then click the square in the top-right.
Hide the menu bar by default
If you would like the menu bar to be hidden when The Grid 2 starts, select File > Preferences, and then untick the option “Show menu bar above grids”. The menu bar will not be shown when The Grid 2 starts, but you can re-show it using any of the methods listed above.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.