- What languages does Grid for iPad support?
- What is a grid set?
- What is a grid?
- What is Grid Explorer?
- How do I sign out of Grid for iPad?
- How can I change my Smartbox account password?
- How long is the Grid for iPad trial period?
- How do I unsubscribe from Grid for iPad?
- How do I add a grid set?
- How do I open and close a grid set?
- Can I use Remote editing with Grid for iPad?
- How do I invite someone to remotely edit my grid set?
- How do I remotely edit a Grid for iPad user from Grid 3?
- How do I remove a grid set?
- How do I get to Edit mode?
- How do I use the edit mode menu bar?
- What is a Write cell?
- How do I make a new Write cell?
- How do I change the text in a Write cell?
- How can I make a Write cell where the text is different from the label on the cell?
- How do I change the symbol on a cell?
- How do I select more than one cell when editing?
- How do I move a cell?
- How do I swap the locations of 2 cells?
- How do I make a cell bigger or smaller?
- How do I Copy and Paste cells?
- What is a word list?
- How do I add a word to a word list?
- How do I remove a word from a word list?
- How do I change where a word appears in a word list?
- How do I change the sort order of a word list?
- How do I find a word in a word list?
- How do I add a new word list to a grid?
- How do I add a command to a cell?
- How do I add a command which occurs every time a grid is opened?
- How do I make a cell which jumps to another grid?
- How do I jump from one grid to another whilst in edit mode?
- How do I rename a grid?
- How do I delete a grid?
- How do I make a copy of a grid?
- How do I add a new grid?
- How do I add a grid from another grid set?
- How do I hide a cell or prevent it from being selected?
- How do I add a sound effect to a cell?
- How do I add a Message Banking recording?
- How do I change the appearance of a cell?
- What are styles used for?
- How do I assign a style to a cell?
- How do I edit a style and apply it to all the cells which are assigned to it?
- How do I create a new style?
- Can I quickly change the appearance of an entire grid set?
- How do I change the amount of space between cells?
- How do I make the cell labels appear above the symbols?
- How do I add an extra row or column?
- How do I change the background colour of a grid?
- How can I change my voice?
- How do I correct the pronunciation of a word?
- How do I change the language of a grid set?
- How do I choose what happens when the writing area is selected?
- How do I turn symbols in the writing area on and off?
- How do I add a symbol library?
- How do I choose which symbol library is suggested by default?
- How do I select a grid set to open by default when the app is launched?
- How do I control when text is spoken whilst typing?
- How do I set up VoiceOver on my iPad?
- Purchasing Grid for iPad in volume
- How do I switch off the menu bar in Grid for iPad?
- Smartbox and your data
- Accessibility options for iPads
- How to backup a User in Grid for iPad
- Can I install Grid for iPad on multiple devices?
- Why is there no sound in Grid Player / Grid for iPad?
- Redeeming a Grid for iPad voucher code
- Firewall settings
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid for iPad
- Grid Voices
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- How to update Grid
- Activating a Grid for iPad licence code
- Declarations of conformity
- Medical Device Regulations
- How to get Symoji in Grid
- Change grid set command
- Adding PCS High Contrast Symbols on iPad
- How to update iOS
How do I add a grid set?
When you start Grid for iPad for the first time, or want to add more content to your Grid Explorer, tap the + icon in the top right corner.
This will open the Add grid set window, where you will find ready made grid sets arranged by category and options to create new grid sets.
Choose the category you want to add a grid set from then browse to find the grid set you are looking for.
Finally tap Add to download the grid set to your Grid Explorer.
The Add grid set window
Smartbox grid sets:
These are official Smartbox grid sets for Grid for iPad, each one has been built for touch access and offers a wealth of options. You can choose from Symbol communication, text communication, Interactive learning and accessible app grid sets.
You can also access Online Grids, where you will find grid sets uploaded and shared by our community of Smartbox users.
Create a new blank grid set ready for your own content and commands.
Copy grid set:
This option opens a screen where you can choose any of the grid sets in your Grid Explorer, and make a copy of it. You could use this if you wanted to make significant changes to a grid but still want to keep a copy of the original, or if you want to make an alternative high contrast version of a grid set.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.