- Setting up email with BT Internet in Grid 3
- Fix problems after connecting USB devices on Grid Pad 18
- Firewall settings
- Create a new user in Grid 3
- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- Grid set settings
- Email account settings in Grid
- Speech settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- Activate Smartbox software without an internet connection
- Downloading new voices in Grid 3
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- How to configure Mobi 2 switch inputs to work with the Grid 3
- How to configure Tellus 5 switch inputs to work with the Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Tobii PCEye Mini
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- Setting up an EasyWave Socket in Grid 3
- Setting up an infra red (IR) accessory in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Windows on screen keyboard not working after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Using Ablenet Blue 2 bluetooth switch with Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Troubleshooting IR remotes in Grid 3
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- How to reduce the size of large grid sets in Grid 3
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Sending Symbol based emails to a contact with an iPhone in Grid 3
- Grid 3 not starting after running Windows 7 updates
- Grid 3 is not able to update
- Problems with Grid 3, The Grid 2 and Look to Learn after the Windows Autumn Creators update
- How to use a myGaze camera to blink to click in Grid 3
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- Issue with McAfee conflicting with Grid 3
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- Where can I find the myGaze EyeMouse Play software?
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Delayed or unresponsive touch screen
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- EyeMouse Play reporting problem with USB 3.0 connection
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Not receiving notifications of phone calls in Grid 3
- Grid 3 running slow
- Using Grid 3’s commands to change settings
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- Cursor drifting to the side of the screen when using Quha Zono
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Setting up your Irisbond Duo camera in Grid 3
- How to create cells to play a song or video from your music / video library
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- Unable to send messages using Grid 3 with Call Center
- How to change between two access methods in Grid 3
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Smartbox software issues after Windows 10 updates
- How to hide the rest cell
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- How to Disable Exclusive Mode in Windows Sound Preferences
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Grid 3 version 43 and TobiiDynavox Eyegaze
- How to add a video to your grid set
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- Irisbond Duo advanced crash reporting system
- Creating a word list in Grid
- How to set up Look to Read and Look to Learn with eye gaze in Grid 3
- How to change symbol set or library in Grid 3
- Can I use Grid AAC software on an Android device?
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
How to add a video to your grid set
Grid allows you to add videos stored on your device in to your grid sets using two commands. The first command embeds the video file into a cell, the second displays the video content.
Step 1: In Edit mode, add a new cell and give it the Play video file command.
Step 2: Under commands you have various options to control the video.
Step 3: Tap Browse and locate your video file. Once found select Open
Step 4: Create another cell with the Music/video command. This is where the video will play.
Adjust the size accordingly (note that video will always play in the correct aspect ratio) and save your grid set.
Now you can tap the Play video cell to watch your content! You can experiment with adding more Play video cells to make a small library of your favourites, or maybe playback a set of video messages.
Making your videos smaller
The more videos you have inside your grid set, the bigger it will get, which can make the grid set slow on lower powered devices. Some videos will also be too big to be added to grid.
Video files can be made smaller by using a program that ‘compresses’ them. This means the video quality is reduced, so that they take up less space.
Our support team often use a program called Handbrake to do this.
Please note: We do not own Handbrake, nor are we responsible for its development, therefore we cannot be liable for any issues using Handbrake, or installing it on your device, do so at your own risk. Like Grid, Handbrake receives regular updates, this guide refers to version 1.2.2.
Downloading and installing Handbrake
Handbrake is open-source software available from Handbrake.fr. The website will point you to the latest version on the homepage. Once the installer has downloaded, run the exe. You will need to confirm several prompts to complete the install.
Handbrake is a powerful program that has a vast array of options to compress many kinds of video. Follow the steps below to work around the interface to compress your video.
Step 1: Open Handbrake
Step 2: Tap File
Step 3: Locate your video file in the browser and tap Open
Step 4: Look for the Presets tab, and follow the menu to Web – Gmail Small 10 minutes 288p30
Step 5: At the bottom of the window tap Browse and give your compressed video a name and choose where you want it to save
Step 6: Tap Start Encode and the video will process. The longer the video, the longer this will take.
Your new video will be saved and is ready to be imported into Grid.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.