- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- What is AAC?
- What is Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- The Grid Explorer menu in Grid 3
- Choosing your first grid sets in Grid 3
- What grid sets are included with Grid 3?
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Grid Voices
- How to update to the latest version of Facebook
- Adding the new Facebook grids into Fast Talker
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- Declarations of conformity
- Changes to Microsoft email setup in Grid
How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
If you are using an older version of Super Core 30 or 50 (v1 – v1.5), you can use the expansion packs to add the latest Teen and Adult vocabulary into your grid set, without losing all of your personalisations.
Download the Super Core Expansion pack for your version of the grid set. These are in two sizes, 50 and 30, and there are alternative versions of each with Symbol Stix, PCS or Widget symbol.
From Grid Explorer go to Menu – Add grid set – Symbol communication – Super Core
Scroll down to find the expansion packs and add the one you need.
Create a backup of your existing Super Core grid set. You can do this by going to Add grid set again, then selecting Copy grid set file, then select your current user. Find your existing Super Core grid set and select Next, then OK. A copy of your grid set will be added to your Grid Explorer (it will have the suffix ‘ – Copy’ in its name. When you are finished with this process, you can delete this, or keep as a backup just in case.
Open your existing Super Core grid set, then go to Menu – Edit grid. In the top menu, tap the blue Grid set tab. This will list and organise all the grids in your grid set.
Select Add from another grid set and select your Expansion pack and select Next.
Once the grid set has loaded, the Select All button will become available. Tap this, then select Add. This may take a few moments as all the new grids are added to your grid set.
To switch to the new Teen and Adult vocabulary now, scroll to the top of the grid set screen and tap on the grid labeled 01 CORE – Home – TEEN ADULT and then tap the Set as home button.
Select Save all changes then double tap on 01 CORE – Home – TEEN ADULT to return to the edit screen. Tap Finish Editing.
You are done! You will see the daily life, leisure, chat and my news options in the dynamic columns. You will also find the extra topics. You may notice, if you have made any of your own topics, that the jumps to these have disappeared. Don’t worry, you haven’t lost your edits, but you will need to make jumps to these grids.
Super Core Apps
The suite of apps is also included with the Expansion pack and if you select the Teen and adult home screen, you will be able to access these from the Magic wand.
If you are still going to use the Child vocabulary home grid, you will need to add a jump to the app selector grid (23 APPS – menu)
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.