- What languages does Grid for iPad support?
- What is a grid set?
- What is a grid?
- What is Grid Explorer?
- How do I sign out of Grid for iPad?
- How can I change my Smartbox account password?
- How long is the Grid for iPad trial period?
- How do I unsubscribe from Grid for iPad?
- How do I add a grid set?
- How do I open and close a grid set?
- Can I use Remote editing with Grid for iPad?
- How do I invite someone to remotely edit my grid set?
- How do I remotely edit a Grid for iPad user from Grid 3?
- How do I remove a grid set?
- How do I get to Edit mode?
- How do I use the edit mode menu bar?
- What is a Write cell?
- How do I make a new Write cell?
- How do I change the text in a Write cell?
- How can I make a Write cell where the text is different from the label on the cell?
- How do I change the symbol on a cell?
- How do I select more than one cell when editing?
- How do I move a cell?
- How do I swap the locations of 2 cells?
- How do I make a cell bigger or smaller?
- How do I Copy and Paste cells?
- What is a word list?
- How do I add a word to a word list?
- How do I remove a word from a word list?
- How do I change where a word appears in a word list?
- How do I change the sort order of a word list?
- How do I find a word in a word list?
- How do I add a new word list to a grid?
- How do I add a command to a cell?
- How do I add a command which occurs every time a grid is opened?
- How do I make a cell which jumps to another grid?
- How do I jump from one grid to another whilst in edit mode?
- How do I rename a grid?
- How do I delete a grid?
- How do I make a copy of a grid?
- How do I add a new grid?
- How do I add a grid from another grid set?
- How do I hide a cell or prevent it from being selected?
- How do I add a sound effect to a cell?
- How do I add a Message Banking recording?
- How do I change the appearance of a cell?
- What are styles used for?
- How do I assign a style to a cell?
- How do I edit a style and apply it to all the cells which are assigned to it?
- How do I create a new style?
- Can I quickly change the appearance of an entire grid set?
- How do I change the amount of space between cells?
- How do I make the cell labels appear above the symbols?
- How do I add an extra row or column?
- How do I change the background colour of a grid?
- How can I change my voice?
- How do I correct the pronunciation of a word?
- How do I change the language of a grid set?
- How do I choose what happens when the writing area is selected?
- How do I turn symbols in the writing area on and off?
- How do I add a symbol library?
- How do I choose which symbol library is suggested by default?
- How do I select a grid set to open by default when the app is launched?
- How do I control when text is spoken whilst typing?
- How do I set up VoiceOver on my iPad?
- Purchasing Grid for iPad in volume
- How do I switch off the menu bar in Grid for iPad?
- Smartbox and your data
- Accessibility options for iPads
- How to backup a User in Grid for iPad
- Can I install Grid for iPad on multiple devices?
- Why is there no sound in Grid Player / Grid for iPad?
- Redeeming a Grid for iPad voucher code
- Firewall settings
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid for iPad
- Grid Voices
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- How to update Grid
- Activating a Grid for iPad licence code
- Declarations of conformity
- Medical Device Regulations
- How to get Symoji in Grid
- Change grid set command
- Adding PCS High Contrast Symbols on iPad
- How to update iOS
How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
If you are using an older version of Super Core 30 or 50 (v1 – v1.5), you can use the expansion packs to add the latest Teen and Adult vocabulary into your grid set, without losing all of your personalisations.
Download the Super Core Expansion pack for your version of the grid set. These are in two sizes, 50 and 30, and there are alternative versions of each with Symbol Stix, PCS or Widget symbol.
From Grid Explorer go to Menu – Add grid set – Symbol communication – Super Core
Scroll down to find the expansion packs and add the one you need.
Create a backup of your existing Super Core grid set. You can do this by going to Add grid set again, then selecting Copy grid set file, then select your current user. Find your existing Super Core grid set and select Next, then OK. A copy of your grid set will be added to your Grid Explorer (it will have the suffix ‘ – Copy’ in its name. When you are finished with this process, you can delete this, or keep as a backup just in case.
Open your existing Super Core grid set, then go to Menu – Edit grid. In the top menu, tap the blue Grid set tab. This will list and organise all the grids in your grid set.
Select Add from another grid set and select your Expansion pack and select Next.
Once the grid set has loaded, the Select All button will become available. Tap this, then select Add. This may take a few moments as all the new grids are added to your grid set.
To switch to the new Teen and Adult vocabulary now, scroll to the top of the grid set screen and tap on the grid labeled 01 CORE – Home – TEEN ADULT and then tap the Set as home button.
Select Save all changes then double tap on 01 CORE – Home – TEEN ADULT to return to the edit screen. Tap Finish Editing.
You are done! You will see the daily life, leisure, chat and my news options in the dynamic columns. You will also find the extra topics. You may notice, if you have made any of your own topics, that the jumps to these have disappeared. Don’t worry, you haven’t lost your edits, but you will need to make jumps to these grids.
Super Core Apps
The suite of apps is also included with the Expansion pack and if you select the Teen and adult home screen, you will be able to access these from the Magic wand.
If you are still going to use the Child vocabulary home grid, you will need to add a jump to the app selector grid (23 APPS – menu)
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.