- Downloading and Burning ISO Files
- Gathering information about an error
- Which versions of Windows are supported?
- Types of USB switch connector
- Questions about Smartbox Update
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows XP
- Installing VLC media player.
- Activate Smartbox software without an internet connection
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- Licencing Dwell Clicker 2
- Alea Intelligaze Shortcuts
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Finding Log files for our software
- Returning an item to us
- Smartbox and your data
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- How to create cells to play a song or video from your music / video library
- Connecting an external microphone to Power Pad
- Windows 10 Update Assistant failing to update software
- TalkTalk blocking Teamviewer
- Screen rotation re-enabled after Windows update
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to add a video to your grid set
- Checking the Bluetooth speaker connection on Touch Pad
- Creating a word list in Grid
- Cleaning of devices
- How to get set up for a Virtual Visit
- How to make Super Core Communication Book pages
- What is AAC?
- Information to help us deliver support
- Grid Voices
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- Updating Look to Learn and Look to Read
- Converting video files in Look to Learn on Windows 7
- Declarations of conformity
How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
If you are using an older version of Super Core 30 or 50 (v1 – v1.5), you can use the expansion packs to add the latest Teen and Adult vocabulary into your grid set, without losing all of your personalisations.
Download the Super Core Expansion pack for your version of the grid set. These are in two sizes, 50 and 30, and there are alternative versions of each with Symbol Stix, PCS or Widget symbol.
From Grid Explorer go to Menu – Add grid set – Symbol communication – Super Core
Scroll down to find the expansion packs and add the one you need.
Create a backup of your existing Super Core grid set. You can do this by going to Add grid set again, then selecting Copy grid set file, then select your current user. Find your existing Super Core grid set and select Next, then OK. A copy of your grid set will be added to your Grid Explorer (it will have the suffix ‘ – Copy’ in its name. When you are finished with this process, you can delete this, or keep as a backup just in case.
Open your existing Super Core grid set, then go to Menu – Edit grid. In the top menu, tap the blue Grid set tab. This will list and organise all the grids in your grid set.
Select Add from another grid set and select your Expansion pack and select Next.
Once the grid set has loaded, the Select All button will become available. Tap this, then select Add. This may take a few moments as all the new grids are added to your grid set.
To switch to the new Teen and Adult vocabulary now, scroll to the top of the grid set screen and tap on the grid labeled 01 CORE – Home – TEEN ADULT and then tap the Set as home button.
Select Save all changes then double tap on 01 CORE – Home – TEEN ADULT to return to the edit screen. Tap Finish Editing.
You are done! You will see the daily life, leisure, chat and my news options in the dynamic columns. You will also find the extra topics. You may notice, if you have made any of your own topics, that the jumps to these have disappeared. Don’t worry, you haven’t lost your edits, but you will need to make jumps to these grids.
Super Core Apps
The suite of apps is also included with the Expansion pack and if you select the Teen and adult home screen, you will be able to access these from the Magic wand.
If you are still going to use the Child vocabulary home grid, you will need to add a jump to the app selector grid (23 APPS – menu)
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.