- What languages does Grid for iPad support?
- What is a grid set?
- What is a grid?
- What is Grid Explorer?
- How do I sign out of Grid for iPad?
- How can I change my Smartbox account password?
- How long is the Grid for iPad trial period?
- How do I unsubscribe from Grid for iPad?
- How do I add a grid set?
- How do I open and close a grid set?
- Can I use Remote editing with Grid for iPad?
- How do I invite someone to remotely edit my grid set?
- How do I remotely edit a Grid for iPad user from Grid 3?
- How do I remove a grid set?
- How do I get to Edit mode?
- How do I use the edit mode menu bar?
- What is a Write cell?
- How do I make a new Write cell?
- How do I change the text in a Write cell?
- How can I make a Write cell where the text is different from the label on the cell?
- How do I change the symbol on a cell?
- How do I select more than one cell when editing?
- How do I move a cell?
- How do I swap the locations of 2 cells?
- How do I make a cell bigger or smaller?
- How do I Copy and Paste cells?
- What is a word list?
- How do I add a word to a word list?
- How do I remove a word from a word list?
- How do I change where a word appears in a word list?
- How do I change the sort order of a word list?
- How do I find a word in a word list?
- How do I add a new word list to a grid?
- How do I add a command to a cell?
- How do I add a command which occurs every time a grid is opened?
- How do I make a cell which jumps to another grid?
- How do I jump from one grid to another whilst in edit mode?
- How do I rename a grid?
- How do I delete a grid?
- How do I make a copy of a grid?
- How do I add a new grid?
- How do I add a grid from another grid set?
- How do I hide a cell or prevent it from being selected?
- How do I add a sound effect to a cell?
- How do I add a Message Banking recording?
- How do I change the appearance of a cell?
- What are styles used for?
- How do I assign a style to a cell?
- How do I edit a style and apply it to all the cells which are assigned to it?
- How do I create a new style?
- Can I quickly change the appearance of an entire grid set?
- How do I change the amount of space between cells?
- How do I make the cell labels appear above the symbols?
- How do I add an extra row or column?
- How do I change the background colour of a grid?
- How can I change my voice?
- How do I correct the pronunciation of a word?
- How do I change the language of a grid set?
- How do I choose what happens when the writing area is selected?
- How do I turn symbols in the writing area on and off?
- How do I add a symbol library?
- How do I choose which symbol library is suggested by default?
- How do I select a grid set to open by default when the app is launched?
- How do I control when text is spoken whilst typing?
- How do I set up VoiceOver on my iPad?
- Purchasing Grid for iPad in volume
- How do I switch off the menu bar in Grid for iPad?
- Smartbox and your data
- Accessibility options for iPads
- How to backup a User in Grid for iPad
- Can I install Grid for iPad on multiple devices?
- Why is there no sound in Grid Player / Grid for iPad?
- Redeeming a Grid for iPad voucher code
- Firewall settings
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid for iPad
- Grid Voices
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- How to update Grid
- Activating a Grid for iPad licence code
- Declarations of conformity
- Medical Device Regulations
- How to get Symoji in Grid
- Change grid set command
- Adding PCS High Contrast Symbols on iPad
- How to update iOS
How to backup a User in Grid for iPad
To back up a user in Grid for iPad go to:
Settings > Name of User > Backup, Restore & Delete > Back up
When you Backup a user there are different options regarding where you want to save the user as shown in the image.
These options depend on what storage apps you have installed and enabled in Settings. See how to use the Files app here.
There are different storage options available for use with iPads. We have tried and tested the WitStick memory stick which is available here, which allows you to move users between an iPad and Windows device.
When you first plug in the WitStick, follow the instructions to install the app so you can access files on the memory stick.
Once you have done this, when you back up a user you will then have the option copy to the WitStick app as shown in the image above. Please note, to make sure you are able to access the user from the WitStick, you will need to change its save location in the WitStick app. To do this open the WitStick app and go to Local > Inbox > Select and tick the box next to the name of the user then Move > WitStick > Paste.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.