- Making games with player scores in The Grid 2
- Licencing The Grid 2
- Licensing of grid sets in The Grid 2
- Keyboard shortcuts for editing The Grid 2
- Jump cells and new grids in The Grid 2
- Importing and exporting grid bundles in The Grid 2
- How to Make a photo album in The Grid 2
- How to create a music grid with symbols in The Grid 2
- How to use the Random Phrase Command in The Grid 2
- How to speed up switch input in The Grid 2
- How to open a specific file in Computer Control with The Grid 2
- How to navigate around text in The Grid 2
- How to install The Grid 2
- How to get a new language for The Grid 2
- How to create a wordlist in The Grid 2
- How to create a visual scene in The Grid 2
- How to change the language of a grid set in The Grid 2
- How to backup users in The Grid 2 Grid Explorer
- How do I use the Webcam workspace in The Grid 2?
- How do I make The Grid 2 start when I turn on my computer?
- How do I make The Grid 2 show my grids when it starts?
- Hiding the menu bar in The Grid 2
- Grid 2 mobile phone workspace
- Grid 2 Commands
- General editing of The Grid 2
- Editing a cell in Grid 2
- Creating a music grid in The Grid 2
- Creating “are you sure” options in The Grid 2
- Create a grid for a specific program in The Grid 2
- Connecting a USB Modem to Grid 2
- Connect a mobile phone to The Grid 2 with Bluetooth
- Audio connections for mobile phone conversations with The Grid 2
- Adding/removing rows and columns in The Grid 2
- Adding music to The Grid 2
- How do I send a grid set to Grid Player from The Grid 2?
How to backup users in The Grid 2 Grid Explorer
The release of The Grid 2.7 adds some additional features to Grid Explorer which make it very easy to move users around, and make backups. A particularly useful feature is that Grid Explorer will now display users on more than one drive (for example, on your computer, AND on a memory stick).
Saving users on external drives
It is always a good idea to keep a backup copy of users on an external drive such as a memory stick, SD card or additional hard drive.
If you have users on an external drive, it is now very easy to save and view these users through the Grid Explorer window.
Grid Explorer will look for users on all available drives. It will look for a folder named X:/Sensory Software/ Portable/The Grid 2/Users, where X: is the drive letter. Create this folder on your external drive, and you will be able to access them in Grid Explorer
When the external drive is plugged in to your computer, there is an extra button in the toolbar of Grid Explorer. Click on this button and it will show you any users in the external drive.
If you plug in one or more removable drives with users on, these show as separate locations in Grid Explorer. You can open, edit, copy, rename and generally use these users as if they were on your computer.
- Users can be dragged between grid explorer windows.
- If you drag to/from a removable drive, users are copied not moved.
- You can drag users onto a different tab.
- If you remove a USB card/drive when a user is open, the user will close. Grid Explorer windows exploring grids for users on the card will also close.
Saving users when in use
There is another new handy feature, which allows you to save grid bundles easily. When a user is open, go to File and click on Backup User.
Other additions to Grid Explorer
When importing a grid bundle, you can select which tab it imports to – whether it be Users, WordPower, Computer Control, etc.
Grid Bundles can be dragged into Grid Explorer to start the import. The option to click on Add a grid bundle is still available.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.