- Setting up email with BT Internet in Grid 3
- Firewall settings
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Grid set settings
- Email account settings in Grid
- Speech settings in Grid
- Mouse and pointer settings in Grid
- Touch settings in Grid
- Eye gaze settings in Grid
- Switch settings in Grid 3
- Setting up a mobile phone with Grid 3
- Set up myGaze Assistive 2 camera in Grid 3
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Display or hide the menu bar in Grid 3
- Getting started with voice activation in Grid 3
- Adding commands to switches in Grid 3
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Primary users and Dropbox
- Using Gmail 2 Step Authentication in Grid 3
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Setting up an EasyWave Alarm in Grid 3
- How to add an environment control accessory in Grid 3 (Video)
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Setting up a BJoy Stick C Lite with Grid 3
- Auditory Scanning in Grid 3
- Grid 3 and Z-Wave
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- How to turn off Safe Search in Grid 3 image search
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Unable to stop Grid 3 loading on Startup after free trial is over
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Using Styles in Grid 3
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to change symbol set or library in Grid 3
- How to change symbol skin tone in Grid
- Changing your voice in Grid 3
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
How to configure exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender for Grid 3
Occasionally Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender cause problems with Grid 3 software. Typical issues include slow performance or erratic switch operation. To work around these problems you can add the Smartbox and Sensory Software folders to the list of exceptions.
To start Windows Defender/Security Essentials:
Windows 7: From the Start menu, Start->All Programs->Microsoft Security Essentials.
Windows 8: At the start tiles screen, type ‘Defender’ and click Windows defender when it appears.
The exceptions must be set in two locations, one for when Defender scans the computer, the second when it monitors running programs. These are located from the left of the settings tab.
The simplest way to configure the exceptions is to cut and paste the into the upper textbox on the dialog and then click the ‘Add’ button.
Use this text for the ‘Excluded files and locations entries:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Smartbox;
C:\Program Files\Sensory Software;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sensory Software;
Use this text for the ‘Excluded Processes’ settings:
C:\Program Files\Smartbox\Grid 3\Grid 3.exe;
C:\Program Files\Sensory Software\ssUtils\ssLicenceManagerOOPa.exe;
C:\Program Files\Sensory Software\Common\Speech\Sensory Speech.exe;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Smartbox\Grid 3\Grid 3.exe;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sensory Software\ssUtils\ssLicenceManagerOOPa.exe;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sensory Software\Common\Speech\Sensory Speech.exe;
You may note that the list of files includes settings for both 32 and 64 bit computers. This does no harm.
If you are an eye gaze or Smartnav user you may also want to add the Smartnav folder as well.
Save the changes and restart the computer.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.