- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- What is AAC?
- What is Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- The Grid Explorer menu in Grid 3
- Choosing your first grid sets in Grid 3
- What grid sets are included with Grid 3?
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Grid Voices
- How to update to the latest version of Facebook
- Adding the new Facebook grids into Fast Talker
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- Declarations of conformity
- Changes to Microsoft email setup in Grid
How to update to the latest version of Facebook
Facebook has announced they are officially changing over to their new website in September 2020. We are advising people to update Grid and add the new Facebook grid set. Follow the steps below to switch over to the new Facebook.
Please be aware that if you do not update Grid, your grid set will not be compatible when Facebook removes the classic version of their website.
If you are still using the Classic Facebook website, you will need to change to the new version by selecting the Account drop-down (top right) > ‘Switch to New Facebook’. Please do not update Grid until you have this option.
If you are already using the new version, you can skip this step and continue to step two.
Make sure you have updated to the latest version of Grid. Click on Menu, and then the orange refresh symbol – this indicates that an update is available. Remember you need to be connected to the internet to update Grid 3.
You can check whether you are running the latest version of Grid by going to Menu > Help > About Grid 3. Here you will see your version number. You will need to be on version 56 to get the new Facebook grid set.
Next you will need to add the latest Facebook grid set. Go to Menu > Add grid sets > Accessible apps > Facebook.
You may find there are a few popups the first time you use the Facebook grid set.
Using Facebook in Fast Talker
New versions of Fast Talker and Fast Talker Large Cell are also available with the updated Facebook grid set. To add these go to Menu > Add grid sets > Text Communication.
If you would like to update your existing Fast Talker grid set with the new version of Facebook, have a look at this article. This may be useful if you have personalised your grid set and don’t want to lose any changes.
If you need any help moving over to the new Facebook please get in touch with our Support team. Facebook is still tweaking their new website behind the scenes, so let us know if you have any problems with any of the features!
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.