- Making games with player scores in The Grid 2
- Licencing The Grid 2
- Licensing of grid sets in The Grid 2
- Keyboard shortcuts for editing The Grid 2
- Jump cells and new grids in The Grid 2
- Importing and exporting grid bundles in The Grid 2
- How to Make a photo album in The Grid 2
- How to create a music grid with symbols in The Grid 2
- How to use the Random Phrase Command in The Grid 2
- How to speed up switch input in The Grid 2
- How to open a specific file in Computer Control with The Grid 2
- How to navigate around text in The Grid 2
- How to install The Grid 2
- How to get a new language for The Grid 2
- How to create a wordlist in The Grid 2
- How to create a visual scene in The Grid 2
- How to change the language of a grid set in The Grid 2
- How to backup users in The Grid 2 Grid Explorer
- How do I use the Webcam workspace in The Grid 2?
- How do I make The Grid 2 start when I turn on my computer?
- How do I make The Grid 2 show my grids when it starts?
- Hiding the menu bar in The Grid 2
- Grid 2 mobile phone workspace
- Grid 2 Commands
- General editing of The Grid 2
- Editing a cell in Grid 2
- Creating a music grid in The Grid 2
- Creating “are you sure” options in The Grid 2
- Create a grid for a specific program in The Grid 2
- Connecting a USB Modem to Grid 2
- Connect a mobile phone to The Grid 2 with Bluetooth
- Audio connections for mobile phone conversations with The Grid 2
- Adding/removing rows and columns in The Grid 2
- Adding music to The Grid 2
- How do I send a grid set to Grid Player from The Grid 2?
Importing and exporting grid bundles in The Grid 2
You will often need to import or export grid sets from or to a particular location. A grid bundle is a way of saving all the grids and settings in your user (or grid set), and will look like this on your computer:
Common actions include:
- Backing up a user for safe-keeping
- Importing a grid bundle from Online Grids
- Copying a user from one computer to another
- Emailing a grid bundle to someone
Backing up a user
There are three ways of doing this.
One way is to use Grid Explorer to transfer your grid set to an external drive such as a USB memory stick or SD card.
You can drag users between drives in your Grid Explorer window. Please follow the link for more information on how to do this. You can then use the memory stick to transfer to a different computer using the same method.
Alternatively, while the user is active, go to File and Backup user, and save the user as a grid bundle on your computer or external drive.
The third, and original, method is to click on Save grid bundle in Grid Explorer. This is useful if you wish to email your grid bundle, copy it to a different computer and upload to Online Grids.
Importing a grid bundle
If someone has sent you a grid bundle file, or you have downloaded one from Online Grids to your computer, you can use the Open grid bundle option in the task panel in Grid Explorer.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.