- Using The Grid 2 with Windows 8
- Enable Windows 8 on-screen keyboard function keys
- Remote support
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- Change the size of screen items in Windows
- Change the size of menu fonts in Windows 7
- Downloading and Burning ISO Files
- How to disable a built in Web camera
- Gathering information about an error
- Which versions of Windows are supported?
- User Permissions for Smartbox software
- Types of USB switch connector
- To change the size of screen items in Windows
- To change the size of screen items in Windows 8
- SAPI speech is not working!
- Questions about Smartbox Update
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows XP
- Installing VLC media player.
- Corrupted memory cards
- Can’t get some/any voices to work
- Using Dwell Clicker 6 with Smartnav
- Activate Smartbox software without an internet connection
- Licencing Dwell Clicker 2
- Alea Intelligaze Shortcuts
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Finding Log files for our software
- Returning an item to us
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Windows 10 update has broken Wi-Fi on my device
- Smartbox and your data
- Resetting your Smartbox account password
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Problems with Grid 3, The Grid 2 and Look to Learn after the Windows Autumn Creators update
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- How to Uninstall Dwell Clicker
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- Where can I find the myGaze EyeMouse Play software?
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Beeping sound when using keyboard, Windows button or switch
- How to improve visual feedback for touch screen users
- How to create cells to play a song or video from your music / video library
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Unable to send messages using Grid 3 with Call Center
- Connecting an external microphone to Power Pad
- Windows 10 Update Assistant failing to update software
- TalkTalk blocking Teamviewer
- Screen rotation re-enabled after Windows update
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- Support options when you purchase from a Smartbox Partner
- Checking the Bluetooth speaker connection on Touch Pad
- Super Core Communication Book: FAQs
- Creating a word list in Grid
- Cleaning of devices
- How to get set up for a Virtual Visit
- How to make Super Core Communication Book pages
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid for iPad
- What is AAC?
- Grid Pad and Accessory manuals
- Information to help us deliver support
- Grid Voices
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- Updating Look to Learn and Look to Read
- Converting video files in Look to Learn on Windows 7
- Sleep screen or wake on touch issues after Windows Update 2004/20H2
- Declarations of conformity
- Medical Device Regulations
- Windows 10 update re-enables Fast startup
- High CPU usage on Grid Pad 13
- How to add a video to your grid set
- Windows on screen keyboard not working after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- Grid 3 is not able to update
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- Cursor drifting to the side of the screen when using Quha Zono
- Smartbox software issues after Windows 10 updates
- Can I use Grid AAC software on an Android device?
Installing VLC media player.
VLC media player is a replacement player for music and video files. When you install VLC, the installer will also install a number of codecs that may be useful for playing some sorts of media files (e.g. the Seashell grid set). Although VLC installs the codecs, they can also be used by Windows Media Player. These notes show you how to install VLC so that you can use the codecs, but continue to use Windows media player as your default media player.
Download VLC media player, save it to your desktop and start the installation program running.
Select a language and click through to the ‘Chose Components Screen’
IMPORTANT: On the ‘Chose Components Screen’, clear the check box for all components except ‘Media player (required)’.
Click through the remaining dialogs:
If you start VLC you may see a screen about automatic updates. Clear the checkbox to avoid annoying messages.
For more details on VLC media player see this link.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.