- What languages does Grid for iPad support?
- What is a grid set?
- What is a grid?
- What is Grid Explorer?
- How do I sign out of Grid for iPad?
- How can I change my Smartbox account password?
- How long is the Grid for iPad trial period?
- How do I unsubscribe from Grid for iPad?
- How do I add a grid set?
- How do I open and close a grid set?
- Can I use Remote editing with Grid for iPad?
- How do I invite someone to remotely edit my grid set?
- How do I remotely edit a Grid for iPad user from Grid 3?
- How do I remove a grid set?
- How do I get to Edit mode?
- How do I use the edit mode menu bar?
- What is a Write cell?
- How do I make a new Write cell?
- How do I change the text in a Write cell?
- How can I make a Write cell where the text is different from the label on the cell?
- How do I change the symbol on a cell?
- How do I select more than one cell when editing?
- How do I move a cell?
- How do I swap the locations of 2 cells?
- How do I make a cell bigger or smaller?
- How do I Copy and Paste cells?
- What is a word list?
- How do I add a word to a word list?
- How do I remove a word from a word list?
- How do I change where a word appears in a word list?
- How do I change the sort order of a word list?
- How do I find a word in a word list?
- How do I add a new word list to a grid?
- How do I add a command to a cell?
- How do I add a command which occurs every time a grid is opened?
- How do I make a cell which jumps to another grid?
- How do I jump from one grid to another whilst in edit mode?
- How do I rename a grid?
- How do I delete a grid?
- How do I make a copy of a grid?
- How do I add a new grid?
- How do I add a grid from another grid set?
- How do I hide a cell or prevent it from being selected?
- How do I add a sound effect to a cell?
- How do I add a Message Banking recording?
- How do I change the appearance of a cell?
- What are styles used for?
- How do I assign a style to a cell?
- How do I edit a style and apply it to all the cells which are assigned to it?
- How do I create a new style?
- Can I quickly change the appearance of an entire grid set?
- How do I change the amount of space between cells?
- How do I make the cell labels appear above the symbols?
- How do I add an extra row or column?
- How do I change the background colour of a grid?
- How can I change my voice?
- How do I correct the pronunciation of a word?
- How do I change the language of a grid set?
- How do I choose what happens when the writing area is selected?
- How do I turn symbols in the writing area on and off?
- How do I add a symbol library?
- How do I choose which symbol library is suggested by default?
- How do I select a grid set to open by default when the app is launched?
- How do I control when text is spoken whilst typing?
- How do I set up VoiceOver on my iPad?
- Purchasing Grid for iPad in volume
- How do I switch off the menu bar in Grid for iPad?
- Smartbox and your data
- Accessibility options for iPads
- How to backup a User in Grid for iPad
- Can I install Grid for iPad on multiple devices?
- Why is there no sound in Grid Player / Grid for iPad?
- Redeeming a Grid for iPad voucher code
- Firewall settings
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid for iPad
- Grid Voices
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- How to update Grid
- Activating a Grid for iPad licence code
- Declarations of conformity
- Medical Device Regulations
- How to get Symoji in Grid
- Change grid set command
- Adding PCS High Contrast Symbols on iPad
- How to update iOS
Activating a Grid for iPad licence code
You can assign a Grid for iPad licence to your Smartbox Account.
This will allow you to sign into Grid for iPad – AAC from the App Store.
Assigning your licence code
Start by assigning your Grid for iPad licence code to your Smartbox Account:
- Visit grids.thinksmartbox.com and select login, or sign up to create a new account.
- Once you are logged in, select My licences.
- Enter your Grid for iPad licence code. Your licence code looks like the following: GIPAD-8787-6034-0146.
- Note that once you have assigned a licence code to your Smartbox Account you will not be able to remove it.
Activating Grid for iPad
- If you haven’t already, download Grid for iPad – AAC from the Apple App Store on your iPad.
- Open the app.
- Select sign in on the Grid for iPad start page.
- Sign in with the same Smartbox Account that you have assigned your licence to.
- Your Grid for iPad – AAC app is now activated.
Managing your devices
You can use the My Devices tab of Online Grids to see the devices your licence is active on. You can also see any iPads that you have logged in on that are on App Store purchases or subscriptions.
Deactivating Grid for iPad
If you want to move to a different iPad, you can sign out of Grid for iPad to remove its activation.
You can sign out of Grid for iPad in Settings – Backup, Restore & Delete.
Select Delete to remove your grid sets and settings from the device, this will also sign you out of Grid for iPad and release your activation.
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between using my Apple Account or Smartbox Account to activate Grid for iPad?
Your Apple Account (Sometimes referred to as your Apple ID) is linked to your iPad and gives you access to various Apple services such as the App Store and subscriptions.
You can use your Apple Account to download Grid for iPad – AAC from the App Store.
When you open Grid for iPad – AAC for the first time, you will have the option to Subscribe (with a one-month free trial) or purchase the app. Both of these options will link the purchase to your Apple Account.
Your Smartbox Account can store a licence for Grid for iPad. By signing into Grid for iPad with a Smartbox Account with a licence attached, Grid for iPad will activate. If you activate Grid for iPad in this way, you will not need to use an Apple Account to activate Grid for iPad. You can manage your Grid for iPad licences at grids.thinksmartbox.com.
I can’t remember my Smartbox Account password
You can recover your Smartbox Account by selecting ‘Forgot your password?’ underneath the login screen. You will need to type in your email address to send the recovery link.
My licence code is not working
Check you have typed in the code correctly, it should have 17 characters and look similar to GIPAD-8787-6034-0146. Also make sure you are entering this code on the My Licences page of Online Grids, the Grid for iPad code cannot be activated on the Apple App Store.
If you are still having issues, please contact us.
Do I need to stay signed in to Grid for iPad for it to be activated?
Yes, if you sign out of Grid for iPad you will either need to sign in again or sign in with another Smartbox Account with a Grid for iPad licence. You can also subscribe or purchase Grid for iPad on the App Store.
How many times can I activate Grid for iPad with my Smartbox Account?
Your Grid for iPad licence can be used up to 6 times. You can see which devices you have logged in on under the My Devices tab of Online Grids. To remove a device, sign out of your Smartbox Account on your Grid for iPad app.
Will I use up an activation if I sign into Grid for iPad – VPP?
No, Grid for iPad – VPP will have been purchased via the App Store before use, so will not take up an activation. You can see if you are signed in on a device with Grid for iPad – VPP under the My Devices option of Online Grids.
Can I have multiple licences for Grid for iPad on one Smartbox Account?
No, each Smartbox Account can have one Grid for iPad licence.
My iPad is broken or lost, what do I do?
If you have a new iPad, you can sign in to your Smartbox Account and continue using Grid for iPad.
If you cannot access your old device, you can remove its activation after 30 days from the My Devices option of Online Grids. If you are still having issues, please contact us.
I’ve assigned my licence code to the wrong Smartbox Account!
You can contact support to see if we can help you. Please have your original purchase details to hand.
Can I transfer an App Store purchase to my Smartbox Account?
No, if you’ve purchased or subscribed to Grid for iPad via the App Store, this purchase is attached to your Apple Account and cannot be transferred to a Smartbox Account.
Can I use this with my organisations MDM?
Yes, if you use an MDM, you can use this to deploy the Grid for iPad – AAC app to devices, however, you will have to sign in to each device with a Smartbox Account with a Grid for iPad licence attached.
Can I use my Grid for iPad licence to activate Grid 3?
No, Grid 3 is a separate program for Windows which is not compatible with Grid for iPad.
If you are signed in with the same Smartbox Account, you can share grid sets and your stored messages between Grid 3 and Grid for iPad.
You can also use an unlicenced copy of Grid 3 for remote editing a user on Grid for iPad.
Can I add other Grid content, such as PODD?
Yes, you can purchase licences for other Grid content and assign it to your Smartbox Account in the same way.
It is also possible to use in-app purchases within the App Store on your iPad. These in-app purchases will be assigned to your Apple Account (not your Smartbox Account).
You can also use a version of Grid for iPad that has been purchased or subscribed to with an Apple Account, and activate a grid set, such as PODD, with your Smartbox Account.
To purchase a licence, contact us or your local Smartbox dealer.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.