- Create a new user in Grid 3
- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing a picture
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 minimum specifications
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving cells in Grid 3
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing the grid layout in Grid 3
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell styles
- Jump cells
- Chat and writing cells
- Commands in Grid 3
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids in Grid 3
- Cell accessibility in Grid 3
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid 3
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid 3
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid 3
- Downloading new voices in Grid 3
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Send your grid sets to Online Grids from Grid 3
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Upgrading from The Grid 2 to Grid 3
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Configuring iCloud Email with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- Sleep screen not working with Grid 3
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
The New Write Command
Grid 3.0.30 introduces the new Write command.
The new Write command conveniently combines the best features of the old Write Text and Quick Write commands into one place, and replaces both of them.
Cell label – what is written on the cell
Cell text – what the cell will say when selected
Chat writing area – where sentences are composed before speaking
So, what’s different with the new Write command?
By default, the cell label and the cell text are identical in a new Write cell and remain linked when editing – making for quick and efficient creation and editing of simple content. However, at any point you can decide to make the label and text different – giving you more flexibility and customisation options for longer phrases.
How do I create a new Write cell?
In edit mode select an empty cell, then Create Cell and Write. The cursor will be placed on the cell label, so just type the label and press Enter (you can select an alternative symbol if required). That’s it, done!
TIP: An even quicker method is to press Control W whilst an empty cell is selected.
What if I want the text to be different from the label?
Follow the instructions above to create the cell and label, then set ‘same as cell label’ to Off. Now edit the text to be sent to the chat writing area in the Write command text box.
How do I edit a Write cell?
When ‘Same as cell label’ is On:
Either click on Change Label, or edit the text in the command box – any changes will be applied to both.
When ‘Same as cell label’ is Off:
Edit the label by clicking Change Label on the ribbon bar and / or change the text in the command box. This time editing the label won’t affect the text and vice versa. For more options click Advanced edit.
Can I choose symbols for individual words in a sentence?
Yes – click on Advanced edit. Place the cursor on a word and select from the suggestions or click Find Picture for more options.
TIP: Click and drag to select more than one word, and then choose one symbol for everything selected.
How do I add smart grammar to a Write cell?
Click Advanced edit, then Show Grammar. Now select the correct part of speech from the drop down box eg verb, pronoun etc.
I have a grid set which used Quick Write commands – will it still work?
Yes, it will function exactly as before. In edit mode you will see that the Quick Write commands have automatically become new Write commands.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.