- Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- Launching Grid 3 on startup
- Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
- Quick edits in Grid 3
- Creating and editing a write cell
- Editing a write cell in Grid 3
- Changing the pictures in a cell
- Screen capture images for your cells
- Grid 3 requirements
- Editing a picture
- Creating a cell with two symbols in Grid 3
- Moving and resizing cells
- Resizing cells in Grid 3
- Editing a grid layout
- Resizing a row or column
- Changing cell appearance and cell style
- Creating jump cells
- Chat writing areas
- Commands in Grid
- Word lists in Grid 3
- Create word list from a body of text in Grid 3
- Adding and managing grids
- Cell accessibility in Grid
- Adding sound to a cell in Grid
- Setting up your Smartbox account in Grid
- Linking a Dropbox account to Grid 3
- Remote editing in Grid
- How do I import grid sets in Grid 3 from one language into another?
- How can I access the latest languages in Grid 3?
- Grid 3 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to record Grid 3 audio with Audacity
- Backup up and restore a user account in Grid 3
- Grid 3 EULA
- Grid 3 Languages
- Installing and licensing Grid 3
- Installing WordPower for Grid 3
- Grid 3 Release notes
- Sharing grid sets and Online Grids
- Send a Grid 3 grid set to Grid Player
- Sleep screen command in Grid 3
- Smartbox and your data
- Using the Keyboard Key command in Grid 3
- Saving a contact from an SMS or Email in Grid 3
- Playing Music in Grid 3
- Using Special Features in WordPower for Grid 3
- CallCenter and Grid 3
- Using WhatsApp with Grid 3
- Using Grid 3 as a Speech Generating Device (SGD)
- Using your iCloud Email account with Grid 3
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to use emoji symbols in Grid 3
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Symbols not appearing in Grid 3 search
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Unable to add a grid set to Grid explorer from a USB or Online Grids
- Grid 3 running slow
- Grid 3 internal web browser appearing black
- How do I get started with Message banking in Grid 3?
- Starting Windows Apps with Grid 3
- Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- The New Write Command
- Unable to open a grid set
- How do I import banked messages into Grid 3?
- Using Manic Time Tracker to track Grid 3 activity
- Grid 3 early access updates
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to purchase and install PODD in Grid 3
- What is AAC?
- What is Grid Explorer in Grid 3
- The Grid Explorer menu in Grid 3
- Choosing your first grid sets in Grid 3
- What grid sets are included with Grid 3?
- Where are access settings in Grid 3?
- Grid Voices
- How to update to the latest version of Facebook
- Adding the new Facebook grids into Fast Talker
- Using more than one language in Grid 3
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
Opening and using a grid set in Grid 3
We have made a video guide to walk you through opening and using a grid set in Grid 3:
Using a grid set is easy and intuitive. Every grid set will look slightly different, but we will use this page from Symbol Talker A to show you the basics.
The large cell at the top is the Writing Area. This is where a message is composed. Clicking on this cell will either speak the message or move the cursor, depending on your settings.
The green cells are sentence starters. The white cells are Word list cells. Both green and white cells send text to the writing area to compose a message. In this case there is more vocabulary available than can fit on the page – click More to access more words.
The red cells are Command cells which carry out special functions. The Rest cell in the corner will pause input for eye gaze or head mouse users – click it again to resume.
Jump cells are used to navigate to other grids in the grid set. In this case, you can jump to the home grid by clicking Home, or to the Software grid.
Tip: To quickly find which grid a word is on, click on the Menu bar and Find Word.
From the Grid 3 Getting Started guide
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.