- Using Google as your search engine in the Grid 2
- Configuring Gmail for use with Grid 2
- How do I use the tabs in Grid Explorer in The Grid 2?
- How to install Calendar for The Grid 2
- Firewall settings
- Using Grid 2 with non-Latin alphabets
- Using Grid 2 with Hotmail
- User Permissions for Smartbox software
- Use of Grid 2 in Chinese
- Using The Grid 2 with Googlemail
- Understanding volume in The Grid 2
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Selecting a voice in The Grid 2
- Phones compatible with The Grid 2
- Option to Hide Cells in The Grid 2
- MIDI in The Grid 2
- Locking grids to prevent changes in The Grid 2
- Introducing “English (United States)” to The Grid 2
- Grid 2 Cell Styles
- Email with The Grid 2
- Changing User Settings in The Grid 2
- Changing the COM port for a USB device
- Autocomplete Prediction and SwiftKey in The Grid 2
- Grid 2 and Voice Recognition
Option to Hide Cells in The Grid 2
Here is a new option in The Grid 2.7 that allows you to hide cells from the user. This allows more advanced cells to be hidden away until the user is ready to learn about them. Instructions on how to do this are written below, but this video might also help.
How to Hide a Cell
- 1.Press F11 to go into Editing Mode
- 2. Click on the cell you wish to hide, and select Hide Cell from the Cell Options to the left of the grid.
- 3. The cell will now appear greyed out in Editing Mode. Once you have exited Editing Mode, the cell will not appear to the user.
NB: You can also select more than one cell at once to hide. Hold the Control key down on the keyboard, and drag your mouse to select several cells. You can then click on the Hide Cell option on the left.
How to ‘Unhide’ a Cell
There are two ways of doing this. If you want to show one cell at a time, follow these steps:
- 1. Press F11 to enter Editing Mode.
- 2. Click on the greyed out cell that you want to show, and select Unhide Cell from the Cell Options to the left of the grid.
- 3. Press F11 to exit Editing Mode and the cell will reappear to the user.
Alternatively, you can display all hidden cells all at once. This is very useful if you have a large grid set, with lots of hidden cells on different pages.
- 1. Go to Edit, and User Settings.
- 2. When the User Settings window appears, select Appearance Settings, then Cell Visibility.
- 3. Click on the option Do not allow hidden cells, and any previously hidden cells will now be displayed.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.