- Basic video training for The Grid 2
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Using The Grid 2 and a tablet as a dedicated communication aid
- Free email account for Grid 2
- File location placeholders in The Grid 2
- XML Schema for The Grid 2
- Where are my The Grid 2 Users stored?
- What is the Program Control workspace in The Grid 2
- What is the minimum specification for The Grid 2?
- What is compatibility mode in The Grid 2?
- Using the Grid 2 Importer
- Using symbols with typing in The Grid 2
- Using more than one picture library in The Grid 2
- Using Abbreviation Expansion in The Grid 2
- The Grid 2 Workspaces
- The Grid 2 web browser improvements – v.2.3
- The Grid 2 picture editor
- The Grid 2 DVD player
- Sony Ericsson phones with The Grid 2
- Sharing The Grid 2 Users over a network
- Send an instant SMS from The Grid 2
- Saved Phrases in The Grid 2
- Run programs from The Grid 2
- Reports in The Grid 2
- Release notes for The Grid 2
- Prediction in The Grid 2
- Prediction cells in The Grid 2
- Playing music files using the music player workspace in The Grid 2
- Picture viewer in The Grid 2
- Notes on The Grid 2 Importer
- New Switch options for The Grid 2 2.7 update
- Moving and resizing cells in The Grid 2
- How many rows, column and cells can I have in The Grid 2?
- The Grid 2 Grid Explorer and your Users
- Environment Control Workspace in The Grid 2
- Display options in The Grid 2 update 2.7
- Contacts in The Grid 2
- Common on-screen keyboard cells in The Grid 2
- Auto content cells in The Grid 2
Prediction in The Grid 2
The Grid 2 uses a prediction system specially created by Sensory Software for The Grid 2. Here are a few details about how it works intelligently to provide you with the best suggestions as you type.
Learning as you type
The prediction dictionary learns as you type. Each time you complete a word (by typing a space or another character that separates words) the prediction dictionary is updated.
Frequency of use
If you use a word often, the prediction dictionary will promote that word. This means that the word will be suggested sooner (i.e. you will not need to type so many letters to display the word).
The prediction system also learns the context of the words you write. This allows it to provide suggestions for the next word after you complete a word. It also looks at the last few words you wrote to help make better suggestions about the word you are typing.
Words are spell-checked before being added to the dictionary, and predictions are spell-checked before being suggested. If you want to use a word that is not in the spelling dictionary (e.g. some unusual names of people and places) then you can add these to the dictionary.
The dictionary can hold almost 25,000 words! If you approach this number of words in the dictionary, it will drop the words that you have not used for a long time to make space for new words.
The Grid 2 is supplied with a well-trained prediction dictionary with around 7,000 common words stored in it. This means that you can start using the prediction straight away. As soon as you use it, it will start learn about the words you use. You can also start with a blank dictionary by removing all the words currently in the dictionary.
In addition to providing word completion, the system also provides “sounds-like” suggestions, using phonetic matching to identify words similar to the letters you have typed.
The prediction system is language independent. The system is purely statistical and does not use information about grammar or other tricks to suggest words. This means that it can be used in any language.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.