- Using The Grid 2 with Windows 8
- Enable Windows 8 on-screen keyboard function keys
- Remote support
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- Change the size of screen items in Windows
- Change the size of menu fonts in Windows 7
- Downloading and Burning ISO Files
- How to disable a built in Web camera
- Gathering information about an error
- Which versions of Windows are supported?
- Using PowerPoint with Switches in The Grid 2
- User Permissions for Smartbox software
- Types of USB switch connector
- To change the size of screen items in Windows
- To change the size of screen items in Windows 8
- SAPI speech is not working!
- Questions about Smartbox Update
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows XP
- Installing VLC media player.
- Corrupted memory cards
- Can’t get some/any voices to work
- Using Dwell Clicker 6 with Smartnav
- Activate Smartbox software without an internet connection
- Licencing Dwell Clicker 2
- Alea Intelligaze Shortcuts
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Finding Log files for our software
- Returning an item to us
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Windows 10 update has broken Wi-Fi on my device
- Smartbox and your data
- Resetting your Smartbox account password
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Problems with Grid 3, The Grid 2 and Look to Learn after the Windows Autumn Creators update
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- How to Uninstall Dwell Clicker
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- Where can I find the myGaze EyeMouse Play software?
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- No sound in Grid 3 after Windows update
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- Beeping sound when using keyboard, Windows button or switch
- How to improve visual feedback for touch screen users
- How to create cells to play a song or video from your music / video library
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Unable to send messages using Grid 3 with Call Center
- Connecting an external microphone to Power Pad
- Windows 10 Update Assistant failing to update software
- TalkTalk blocking Teamviewer
- Screen rotation re-enabled after Windows update
- Windows 10 update re-enables Fast startup
- High CPU usage on Grid Pad 13
- Windows on screen keyboard not working after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- Grid 3 is not able to update
- Troubleshooting switches that are not working in Grid 3
- Cursor drifting to the side of the screen when using Quha Zono
- Smartbox software issues after Windows 10 updates
Questions about Smartbox Update
Note: Sensory update is now called Smartbox Update
What does it do?
Smartbox Update is used to get the latest version of Smartbox software installed on your computer.
Smartbox Update will get the latest version of all Smartbox Software titles installed. You cannot select which programs will be updated.
Do I need to use Smartbox Update?
You should use Smartbox Update if you have a problem with a Smartbox Software program and you want the latest version of the software. You can also use Smartbox Update if there is a new feature available that you wish to download.
How does it work?
When you start the updater it connects to the sensory update site and checks for suitable updates. If any Smartbox Software programs are out of date it will download the latest updates and install them. The process is completely automatic. You will need a working internet connection.
To start the update process Start->All Programs->Smartbox->Smartbox Update. Click to select a language and click the ‘Update’ button.
Does this updated need a connection to the internet?
Do I need a broadband connection?
No, but it may take a long time on a dial up connection. The size of the downloads will vary depending on what is installed and when it was last updated. The updater tries to avoid downloading files unless its essential that they are required.
Do I need any other software installed?
The updater requires Internet Explorer 6 (or later) to be installed on your machine. If you have Windows XP (or Vista) its already there.
Can all users update the software?
The updater needs to be able to install new program components. If you need a system administrator to install a program, you will need to be an administrator to run the updater.
Can I roll back an update?
No – the updater will determine the latest version of eachSmartbox Software program installed on your machine and updates it. The installer will respect user settings, and also block updates if they are not yet available in your language. The only way to roll back an update is to uninstall the product and re-install it.
What happens if I unplug the internet while it’s download files?
The updater doesn’t actually update any files until it has downloaded all required files to a temporary area. If you restart the updater it will resume where it left off.
What should I do if the updated reports errors during update?
Any internet connection can fail during downloads. If this happens the updater may report an error. If so, check with your browser that you can see the Smartbox site and then restart the updater. It will resume automatically from the latest file that downloaded successfully.
What if I’m behind a proxy/ firewall?
The updater downloads files using the engine embedded in Internet Explorer. As long as Internet Explorer can see www.sensorysoftware.com, it will work correctly.
I have multiple versions of a Smartbox program installed. Will the updated still work?
It is possible to have multiple versions of some sensory software programmes installed on a machine. Each installation should be updated separately. You should either update all installations, or none.
I’m a system manager and have many machines to update. What is the best way to proceed?
Please contact Smartbox.
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.