- SB10, Grid Pad Go, Pro 11 and Eye 11 general troubleshooting
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Antivirus updates
- Pre-Recorded IR Remote files for Environment control
- Languages reset after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Generate a battery report
- How can I improve the battery life of my Grid Pad?
- How do we estimate our battery life?
- SmartNav less responsive after Windows 10 update
- Access method less responsive after Windows update
- How to remove Cookies and search history from Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- How to use headphones without interfering with speech
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- How to turn off touch screen hooking in EyeTech QuickACCESS
- Not receiving notifications of phone calls in Grid 3
- How to improve visual feedback for touch screen users
- Grid Pad 11 not starting
- Windows 10 update reverts Grid Pad Start Menu
- Windows 10 update re-enables Fast startup
- High CPU usage on Grid Pad 13
- Grid Pad and Accessory manuals
- Programmable buttons on Grid Pad 12
- Cleaning of devices
- Grid Pad 15 – A Class 1 Medical Device
- Grid Pad 8 and 10 screen rotating not in sync with touch
- Sleep screen or wake on touch issues after Windows Update 2004/20H2
- Echo cancellation setting in Grid
- Declarations of conformity
Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
It is important to maintain your device with the latest updates and drivers for fixes, stability and security.
In most cases Windows will automatically download new updates, however you can manually run Windows Update from Control Panel.
Many updates require your device to restart. Once updates have been completed, it is good practice to run Windows update again as this can trigger further updates.
Grid 3, Look to Learn, The Grid 2 and other Smartbox Software can be updated by running Smartbox Update.
This is found in the Start menu under Smartbox.
Grid 3 can be set to automatically download updates in Settings. When an update is available you will see an orange notification in the top right of the menu.
Add a sentence that updates should not be turned off.
Windows 8 and 10 include the free Microsoft Windows Defender anti-virus software. We recommend Windows 7 users us the free Microsoft Security Essentials.
If you have problems with pop-up ads in you browser we recommend installing a paid subscription to Malware Bytes from malwarebytes.org in addition to the above. The free version of Malware bytes does not give realtime protection.
If you have a SB10, SB18 a first generation Grid Pad Go 8, Go 11, Pro 11 or Eye 11 (First generation are devices purchased between 2014 and April 2016) many issues can be solved by accessing Dell Support.
Go to Dell Support UK (http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/04)
Use the Detect Product option.
This will install the Dell System Detect application. Follow the instructions and the software will detect your device and present system information in your web browser. From here you can update drivers, BIOS and run troubleshooting.
Install all recommended firmware, drivers and updates.
Ensure that all of your camera software is up to date with the latest drivers.
You can find the latest drivers for Tobii cameras and devices on the Tobii support page: http://www.tobiidynavox.com/support-training/
The latest MyGaze software is available here (requires your product activation code): http://forum.mygaze.com/download/
The latest Alea software is available here: http://www.alea-technologies.de/pages/quick-download.php
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.