- Downloading and Burning ISO Files
- Gathering information about an error
- Which versions of Windows are supported?
- Types of USB switch connector
- Questions about Smartbox Update
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows XP
- Installing VLC media player.
- Activate Smartbox software without an internet connection
- Using your CereVoice Me voice in Grid 3
- Licencing Dwell Clicker 2
- Alea Intelligaze Shortcuts
- Windows 10 and your device
- Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
- Finding Log files for our software
- Returning an item to us
- Smartbox and your data
- Using Grid 3 to play Steam games
- Reducing the size of photo files for use in Grid 3
- How to disable Windows 10 sign-in
- Unable to access a free trial of a licensed grid set
- Cannot pair wireless Acer keyboard with Grid Pad
- How to remove the handles from a Grid Pad Go device
- How to find your device serial number
- Recommended power settings for your Grid Pad
- Grid 3 failing to load on start up
- How to create cells to play a song or video from your music / video library
- Connecting an external microphone to Power Pad
- Windows 10 Update Assistant failing to update software
- TalkTalk blocking Teamviewer
- Screen rotation re-enabled after Windows update
- Using a smart phone with Grid
- How to add a video to your grid set
- Checking the Bluetooth speaker connection on Touch Pad
- Creating a word list in Grid
- Cleaning of devices
- How to get set up for a Virtual Visit
- How to make Super Core Communication Book pages
- What is AAC?
- Information to help us deliver support
- Grid Voices
- How to add the new Teen and Adult vocabulary to an existing Super Core grid set
- Updating Look to Learn and Look to Read
- Converting video files in Look to Learn on Windows 7
- Declarations of conformity
Quick device maintenance and troubleshooting
It is important to maintain your device with the latest updates and drivers for fixes, stability and security.
In most cases Windows will automatically download new updates, however you can manually run Windows Update from Control Panel.
Many updates require your device to restart. Once updates have been completed, it is good practice to run Windows update again as this can trigger further updates.
Grid 3, Look to Learn, The Grid 2 and other Smartbox Software can be updated by running Smartbox Update.
This is found in the Start menu under Smartbox.
Grid 3 can be set to automatically download updates in Settings. When an update is available you will see an orange notification in the top right of the menu.
Add a sentence that updates should not be turned off.
Windows 8 and 10 include the free Microsoft Windows Defender anti-virus software. We recommend Windows 7 users us the free Microsoft Security Essentials.
If you have problems with pop-up ads in you browser we recommend installing a paid subscription to Malware Bytes from malwarebytes.org in addition to the above. The free version of Malware bytes does not give realtime protection.
If you have a SB10, SB18 a first generation Grid Pad Go 8, Go 11, Pro 11 or Eye 11 (First generation are devices purchased between 2014 and April 2016) many issues can be solved by accessing Dell Support.
Go to Dell Support UK (http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/04)
Use the Detect Product option.
This will install the Dell System Detect application. Follow the instructions and the software will detect your device and present system information in your web browser. From here you can update drivers, BIOS and run troubleshooting.
Install all recommended firmware, drivers and updates.
Ensure that all of your camera software is up to date with the latest drivers.
You can find the latest drivers for Tobii cameras and devices on the Tobii support page: http://www.tobiidynavox.com/support-training/
The latest MyGaze software is available here (requires your product activation code): http://forum.mygaze.com/download/
The latest Alea software is available here: http://www.alea-technologies.de/pages/quick-download.php
Request a quote
Quickly put together what you need and send it over to us.